Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre down

AsylumSKP
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: fibre down

In fact, my connection has just returned. I had gone through the all the suggested processes and they did not seem to work. Leaving it alone for 20 mins and the service has come back without any obvious cause from my end.
Taaketa
Grafter

Quote from: buseng12
What do you mean?
I still can't get connected, read my post properly.
Having enough problems without silly comments from you.
As I said you cannot even get through to the P/N service centre on the phone.

Ok I'll bite. Let's together read your post properly... And we'll see who makes "silly" remarks.
First before we look at your post in detail. Let us look at the post timestamp. The post time stamp is 19:21. That means at the time of posting you would've been roughly without internet (from the first reported incident on the plusnet website) at around 17:06. I have to make this assume as the detail is missing from your post. As I did read it.
Still no good here. Turned Openreach moden off for half hour as suggested but router still will not connect to the Internet even after a reboot. Only get the 172.20.132.150 IP address. Can't even create a direct Ppoe connection on the pc. Comes up with error 718, the remote computer did not respond in a timely fashion.

Not sure what advice you've been reading but you are meant turn off your router for 30 minutes. Not the modem, in fact turning off the modem could make matters worse as people have been posting on this very thread. Perhaps you should've read their posts more carefully.

What's worse you can't even get through on the P/N phone number, it cuts you off after the initial message.

This is correct.
What's going on & when am I going to get an Internet connection?

What is going on can be found here http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial.
I won't post it here as I'm sure you can carefully read the information.
At the very least P/N should give everyone a free month subscription.

Which leads us back to here. Your "silly" remark. For less than 3 hours of internet downtime you're demanding a free month. Let's address how your remark is 'silly'. October has 31 days. Which is 744 hours. So far this month incidents involving no internet connectivity (that I am aware of) has been todays. Approxinmate 3 hours down time. That represents around 0.4% of your internet time in the month of October of course presuming the month runs smoothly without further incident.
So again, you want, a free month. For 0.4% of your paid for online time. It ain't gonna happen.

I also see you haven't posted again so either your connection has come back or you no longer have internet access from whatever device you were using.
Taaketa
Grafter

Quote from: AsylumSKP
It would be very useful if those that have successfully reestablished their internet connection could tell those of us that haven't what you did to get the service back. So far I have tried several reboots of the hardware (the last one for 45 mins) plus reestablishing the gateway via the router on several occasions. I have a connection but no internet. C.3 hours now and counting.

Put it this way. I had restarted my router around 5 times. The time I got connected at was 20:03. That was my 5th router restart. Others got on before me around 30 or 20 minutes before simply because their 30 minutes went up sooner.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Taaketa
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial

As I've just posted on the ADSL thread that is appalling advice, and no-one should have to resort to a factory reset/complete set up of their router. A lot of users have customised settings which they would have to redo - especially their wireless settings. There should be no need - a simple Disconnect of the PPP interface and then a Reboot should be all that should be needed. A full factory reset should only be needed if/when it's confirmed the network is fully functional and the other recommend methods have failed.
Edit: The referenced link goes to the latest outage service status message, so the comments made may not even apply when this post/thread is read at a later date.
Taaketa
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone

As I've just posted on the ADSL thread that is appalling advice, and no-one should have to resort to a factory reset/complete set up of their router. A lot of users have customised settings which they would have to redo - especially their wireless settings. There should be no need - a simple Disconnect of the PPP interface and then a Reboot should be all that should be needed. A full factory reset should only be needed if/when it's confirmed the network is fully functional and the other recommend methods have failed.

That is the status update page and says nothing about factory resets?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@Taaketa , following the advice given in that service status will result in a factory reset.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

My highlighting
Broadband Connectivity (83130) - Update
11/10/2014 @ 17:54
This is in an update to our previous posts regarding the recent connectivity problem.
The majority of our customers have now been able to re-connect to the Internet, however, some customers may still be struggling to get re-connected.
Customers who are still struggling to connect please manually log in to your router and under the 'Technicolor Gateway' section on the left hand side please select 'Configuration' and at the bottom of the screen click 'Setup my Technicolor Gateway' and follow the steps provided.
Kind regards,
Luke Sanderson
Customer relations

The highlighted bit is resetting the whole (modem/)router again and should not be necessary at all, I stand by saying this is very bad advice and will tell Luke  when I catch him.
Service Status also gets re-iterated at http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1413046462.htm
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Awefull advice, if i was to reset my router I would loose months worth of fine tunning... of which more than half of i've forgot about.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Anotherone
Service Status also gets re-iterated at http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1413046462.htm

Also here http://www.madasafish.com/support/service-status.html?action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial
and here https://www.johnlewisbroadband.com/support/service-status.html?action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldia...
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Taaketa
Grafter

Quote from: I
@Taaketa , following the advice given in that service status will result in a factory reset.
Regards
Mike

Don't use plusnet router so never get that far.
Anotherone
Champion

@Taaketa
Some poor individuals have already followed it  Sad
@Mike
If it weren't for the fact that there are currently 46.39 calls waiting (average supposedly in the last 15 minutes) and the answer time average is 51+minutes, I'd be on the phone telling them to correct it pronto
AdamD
Grafter

Guys,
Mines been down all evening. Its still down now. Router has a red light under internet.
I've reset it quite a few times and left it off for 30mi utes so I'm not doing it again.
Anyone else still having issues? Never known it be down for a whole day before?Huh
buseng12
Grafter

Quote from: Taaketa
What do you mean?
I still can't get connected, read my post properly.
Having enough problems without silly comments from you.
As I said you cannot even get through to the P/N service centre on the phone.

Ok I'll bite. Let's together read your post properly... And we'll see who makes "silly" remarks.
First before we look at your post in detail. Let us look at the post timestamp. The post time stamp is 19:21. That means at the time of posting you would've been roughly without internet (from the first reported incident on the plusnet website) at around 17:06. I have to make this assume as the detail is missing from your post. As I did read it.
Still no good here. Turned Openreach moden off for half hour as suggested but router still will not connect to the Internet even after a reboot. Only get the 172.20.132.150 IP address. Can't even create a direct Ppoe connection on the pc. Comes up with error 718, the remote computer did not respond in a timely fashion.

Not sure what advice you've been reading but you are meant turn off your router for 30 minutes. Not the modem, in fact turning off the modem could make matters worse as people have been posting on this very thread. Perhaps you should've read their posts more carefully.

What's worse you can't even get through on the P/N phone number, it cuts you off after the initial message.

This is correct.
What's going on & when am I going to get an Internet connection?

What is going on can be found here http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial.
I won't post it here as I'm sure you can carefully read the information.
At the very least P/N should give everyone a free month subscription.

Which leads us back to here. Your "silly" remark. For less than 3 hours of internet downtime you're demanding a free month. Let's address how your remark is 'silly'. October has 31 days. Which is 744 hours. So far this month incidents involving no internet connectivity (that I am aware of) has been todays. Approxinmate 3 hours down time. That represents around 0.4% of your internet time in the month of October of course presuming the month runs smoothly without further incident.
So again, you want, a free month. For 0.4% of your paid for online time. It ain't gonna happen.

I also see you haven't posted again so either your connection has come back or you no longer have internet access from whatever device you were using.

FYI I am back online after a lot of fidling & re connecting.
As for tne modem power down, a post, #21, from this thread by a member of the P/N staff made at 17:28 tonight.
"Hi,
For those still having problems, please power down your modem or router for 30 minutes before attempting to re-establish a connection to the Internet."

By the way I do know about possible DLM issues by turning the modem off.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

AdamD, this particular issue only started late afternoon, so if yours has been down all day then it will probably not be related to this, and you will probably be best raising a fault on it at https://faults.plus.net

AdamD
Grafter

been down all evening, please help.

Please help, getting frustrated now.
Had a red light on my router most of the evening, can't seem to get a connection
Can anyone check my line?
I've done the 30minutr reset and followed the guide on the service status page to no avail.
I need it on I have work to complete asap