cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre broadband

charlesfisher

fibre broadband

having just started on fibre broadband, twelve days ago, although my broadband speed has gone up from aprox. 2mgps to 8mgps the service is in fact worse than with the non fibre broadband. any ideas.
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: fibre broadband

Sorry to hear your having issues.
There's not much wrong I can see from here as your connection is stable

The speeds are a little below the estimate but it looks like your a long way away from the complaint.
What issues are you having exactly?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
charlesfisher

My connection might be as stable as a rock but it doesn't alter the fact that every thing I do is now much slower than on the non fibre broadband.

As I have no technical knowledge in this area I have know idea why this should be. The fibre download speed is supposed to be approx. four times as fast as the non fibre broadband I was previously on.
sjptd
Grafter

Is your computer using wired or wireless connection to the router?  If at all possible try with a wired connection.
Run the BT wholesale speed tester at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ . When complete continue to 'Further Diagnostics', and post all the values you get, especially the attainable download speed.
If you are using wireless the problem is probably with your wireless setup.  Try changing wireless channels on the router.  Install acrylic wifi (https://www.acrylicwifi.com/en/wlan-software/wlan-scanner-acrylic-wifi-free/download-wifi-scanner-windows/) or similar on your computer and check out the signal strengh and best channels.  You may get significantly better results with slight change of the router or computer location/orientation.