cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre broadband still same speed as standard broadband :(

MonkeyNuts
Hooked

fibre broadband still same speed as standard broadband :(

had an email stating my broadband product change (from regular to fibre broadband) is now complete.

also had this in my order tracker.

Broadband order

Your broadband is now ready to use.

If you need help setting up your equipment, please see our Support pages.

trouble is, i'm still getting the same download and upload speed as before.

any help would be appreciated.

24 REPLIES 24
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: fibre broadband still same speed as standard broadband :(

It looks like the product change has completed early.

The actual order to move you to fibre isn't due to complete until the 26th.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MonkeyNuts
Hooked

thanks for your reply.

i'll wait until after the 26th to see if there is a change.

thanks for your help

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

It looks like the product change has completed early.

The actual order to move you to fibre isn't due to complete until the 26th.

But since at least one part of the provisioning system knows that the order is complete in order to send the confirmation Email what is the hold up in changing the profile?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@MauriceC The account side of things is complete but the physical work still needs carrying out at the cabinet.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

@MauriceC The account side of things is complete but the physical work still needs carrying out at the cabinet.

Duh!  So why did the PN provisioning system send the User an email saying the change was complete and usable without an order completion from BT OR?   Crazy system.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Allan_Jones
Hooked

I've been confused by the same message. I think most people would interpret 'Your broadband product change is now complete' as meaning that the upgrade is complete, but that's not what it means. ''Broadband product change' seems to be internal PlusNet jargon meaning that you're now being charged for a different product. It would be helpful to customers if PlusNet added a note to the effect that this doesn't mean the upgrade has actually happened, and that it might be several more days before it happens. That would, though, expose rather glaringly that one is paying for a service that one is probably not yet receiving.

MonkeyNuts
Hooked

@Allan_Jones i quite agree as ...

Subscription payment

We've taken your first subscription payment.

You can view your transactions using My Account.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I received an e-mail on the 20th which was a bit confusing because my change date is the 26th! It goes on with further details and contractural stuff lower down.

My account details now reflect that I am on fibre. In spite of contacting PN chat about this I can see there being a billing mess up in the offing.

Hello xxxxx

Account username: xxxxxxxx

Your product change is now complete, here are the details:

Broadband product Unlimited Fibre
Estimated speed 38Mbps to 40Mbps

This estimate is based on data provided by our supplier. Your actual speed will vary but should be within the estimated range - find out why your speed can vary
medge799

Hi,

I am in exactly the same position here. I received the 'Your broadband product change is now complete' message but the speed is unchanged. How do I find out when the speed will increase and when I can start enjoying the service I'm now paying for?

Ta,

Mark

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@medge799 It looks like the same has happened to you.

Your fibre upgrade isn't due to complete until the 25th.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
medge799

Hi Matthew, thanks for the update, most appreciated.I don't mind waiting (I've already been waiting years, another few days don't matter much) but I would have liked to know the real date at the outset. Am I right to assume that this is now waiting for BT/OpenReach to sort out the hardware?

PlusNet really do need to change the wording of these emails to include the date when the new service is really going to be available. The current wording is misleading at best, wastes everyone's time and leaves a rather poor impression.

Ta,

Mark

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@medge799 wrote:
PlusNet really do need to change the wording of these emails to include the date when the new service is really going to be available. The current wording is misleading at best, wastes everyone's time and leaves a rather poor impression.

I completely agree and I've actually already sent a few examples off for further investigation. I'll add yours to the list, apologies for any confusion this has caused.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
simonmackie

@HarryB wrote:

I completely agree and I've actually already sent a few examples off for further investigation. I'll add yours to the list, apologies for any confusion this has caused.

If it helps you can add me to  the list too. I received the notification before getting my router on 28th June, which prompted me to contact support via chat, who cleared it all up. The install is actually due tomorrow, apparently. Just a little confusing Smiley

scott488
Hooked

Same here as well, plugged in the new router and was expecting the new speeds but still only as fast as the old connection.