Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre broadband speeds erratic

hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

fibre broadband speeds erratic

yesterday pm my inrternet connection competely dropped I was unable to connect with any site ,since then my connection has come back but download speeds are very erratic and ping rate vary from 15ms to 373ms ,I contacted tp link just in case my router was faulty and after mucking around on advice with my settings the fault is still the same ,I did think that the broadband might have gone down but there was no indication of that on this forum ,,Any help would be appreciated  as Im due to pay LRS for my next year 

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: fibre broadband speeds erratic

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

If you can PM us your username we can look into this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hooverman
Rising Star

It seems Im not the only one with their internet dropping my internet dropped on tues pm and it looks like others lost their internet later yesterday pm, Ive raised a fault ticket but its a coincidence  that others have lost theirs yesterday ,If there was an issue with the internet surely plusnet should be able to get that information out quicker

hooverman
Rising Star

just found this on the service page ,the page indicated there was no issues it was green on broadband symbol but when you clicked on the broadband symbol they indicated there was issues with broadband going down see below please check yourselves

• What's the issue?

Issue first occurred on : 17 May 2018 10:49 AM

We are aware some people are having issues connecting to the internet this morning.

If you are experiencing connectivity problems please try the following steps:

- Open a web browser on your computer and type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar
    - Once the page has loaded please click on the home tab
    - If the broadband username section is not presenting your Plusnet username @plusdsl.net click on advance settings
    - You may be asked to log in. Please use the login details from the back of your router to log in.
    - Once logged in please click continue to advance settings
    - Then click on broadband 
    - Click the disconnect button
    - Once disconnected it will bring up some options to change the username and password, these need to match Plusnet user name @plusdsl.net & your account password
    - Once these details have been added please click connect 

You should then be connected to the internet. 

If you are continuing to experience issues it may be that the router may need to authenticate which can take up to 60 minutes. 

If this doesn’t help and you are continuing to experience issues please call us and we can help with this.

•  

How will this affect Broadband?

Customers may not be able to get online.