Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ffffeeeeedddddddd upppp slllllloooooowwww aaaattt ppppeaaaakkk tttimmess

ahoyhoy
Dabbler

Re: ffffeeeeedddddddd upppp slllllloooooowwww aaaattt ppppeaaaakkk tttimmess

Same story here I'm on the 51.x IP range

I might try the static ip option later, as nothing else is being done to fix this. I have an option of having a bt engineer come out and probably find nothing wrong with it.

pantsman28
Grafter

might be the only option to take to try and savage something from a poor connection. How long does it take to purchase a static ip and get it implemented?

ahoyhoy
Dabbler

I just went onto the member centre and added it to the add-ons or something similar page. All I need to do apparently is reboot router when I get home and the fee will go onto the next bill. Fingers crossed.

pantsman28
Grafter

It would appear Plusnet can't even be bothered to reply to my support ticket any more. Even the forum community moderators have given up.

Support ticket 130624257 no reply since line check 3 days ago. Might have to open another support ticket everytime I want a response.

They would soon be on the phone if I cancelled the direct debit.......

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Support ticket 130624257 no reply since line check 3 days ago. Might have to open another support ticket everytime I want a response.

You responded to the ticket yesterday which is when it comes back to our team, our faults team will respond within 3 days of that.

Please don't open multiple tickets for the same issue, this will just delay things further as we then have more issues to deal with.

All the testing on your line is finding no issue.

Can you confirm if you're connected via wired or wireless?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
athruntalan
Grafter

@Chris, I hope you don't mind me butting in here, but you might want to liaise with Bob Pullen on this issue. He and I have had a number of PMs in the last week or so, and he has been dealing with my fault - 130769591.

At present both the 209.x.x.x and 51.x.x.x subnets seem to be experiencing problems. I switched to an 80.x.x.x subnet thanks to a static IP at the weekend, and have had no further packet loss since. While there isn't a correlation between the 209 and 51 subnets in terms of the IPs (Bob tells me one is ARIN, the other RIPE), there is a correlation in that they're both on the new network.

This isn't a local issue - I've had an engineer visit to my home yesterday, who confirmed no issues between myself and the exchange, and no issues with the connection itself. Bob has also let me know there is a line card due for replacement on Thursday that could be having an impact for these issues, and he would let me know the outcome.

Basically, the problem is on your end, not ours. I understand you needing to follow the script and make sure that everyone's on the same page, but there are a number of people in this forum reporting exactly the same issue, and where they've posted traffic graphs, they look exactly like mine did a week ago, and still did before I swapped to static.

Please, please, for the sake of good customer service, accept the fault is somewhere on Plusnet's end, and get it resolved. I don't mean to have a go, but until I swapped across to static IP I'd had almost 3 weeks of the same issue, going through the same story without Plusnet accepting that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't on my end.

ahoyhoy
Dabbler

So after applying the static IP addon my connection was stable and the packet loss disappeared.

Is PN aware of this being a potential fix for this issue? Are ip ranges getting too congested (if that's a thing) or some kind of issue with routing on those addresses (if that's a thing too)?

It's no good having to pay £5 to find out, but it's better than struggling along with the current problem until/if it gets fixed.
If they keep testing the lines during off peak working hours they'll never be convinced there's an issue.

pantsman28
Grafter

Finally well said the last 2 posts.

There is no point doing a line test when things appear to be working. Chris Parr can you relay this to who ever deals with the support tickets.

Its not as though the line drops out it just runs like a bag of [-Censored-] at peak times, causing game disconnections, video streaming buffers and spinning wheels waiting for pages to load. It wouldn't be an issue if it was a one off but its 3 weeks in and not even acknowledged by the support team.

Xup
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Just for info, moved over to BT 8.30AM yesterday, all my issues have gone!, Internet is back as it should  no buffering on TV/YouTube, household can game again, and the internet is good and snappy.

Just out of contract with the option on £190 cashback to switch to BT on a 12 month contract.....I made the jump.

@plusnet, I left as you left me no other option...... Look after your customers needs.

Mav
Fixes: 515

@pantsman28 wrote:

Even the forum community moderators have given up.

Moderators are customers just like yourself with no access to your account.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pantsman28
Grafter

@Xup

This is how well they look after customers.

My Broadband Ping - What

pantsman28
Grafter

Just want to thank everyone for their input on this subject and for sharing information about other peoples lines and connection issues. The forum has been very active over the past week with user expressing their concerns and frustrations over packet loss and their own dealing with Plusnet. 

andytay
Rising Star

I have just done a speed test and my resolver time is between 49 and 300? What is wrong? I have just done a clean install so nothing wrong with my pc even rebooted my router! any clues guys?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@andytay it is looking like you may have some congestion on the part of the network you are currently on. What IP address range are you on (redact the last octet of the IP address) and Which Gateway are you on?

andytay
Rising Star

@Anotherone

Thank you for replying

My IP is as follows,  87.115.40.** (96.40.115.**.dyn.plus.net) 

You are currently connected to gateway pcl-ag01.

Did a bt line check and got this error which is asking me to raise a fault ticket? Had this issue before.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): IP address corrected by request