cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ffffeeeeedddddddd upppp slllllloooooowwww aaaattt ppppeaaaakkk tttimmess

pantsman28
Grafter

ffffeeeeedddddddd upppp slllllloooooowwww aaaattt ppppeaaaakkk tttimmess

Yes as the title suggests..... slow fiber and huge amounts of packet loss during peak times. This is how my fiber connection looks like every evening.   

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/eda8f5032b36dd342f0e48e6b77e7ee4.html

This is works fiber and how it should look like even with being hammered during the day.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/cd952ef39c4a43d6ba3e50abb2ff294e.html

Not sure whats going on at my exchange WMSTJ . Plusnet seems to think its an hardware sync issue. 

Are we now reached the point of server overload and capacity issues like we experienced back in the 90's with dial up????

46 REPLIES 46
TheHorseman
Rising Star

Re: ffffeeeeedddddddd upppp slllllloooooowwww aaaattt ppppeaaaakkk tttimmess

Yes, my graph looks almost identical to yours, I've been having this trouble since last month. It currently looks like this:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/59fa89592e3d140071b917b4de9789c5-04-08-2016.html

My exchange is WMHAS, so it's not just your exchange. If Plusnet do not fix this soon I shall be off elseware.

athruntalan
Grafter

Yep, exactly the same here too.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/f23c0001a1d658e254a2974dd0c3b2cd-05-08-2016.html

Plusnet are supposedly arranging and engineer visit for me on Monday, although I keep telling them that since its a lot of people on their network affected, it's likely not an issue at my end. They persist...
pantsman28
Grafter

Interesting it not just my connection!

Would be interesting to know how many more plusnet users have the same looking connection status.

pantsman28
Grafter

Just incase you don't know, you can visit http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ and put in your exchange code to see what errors are being logged and who are effected, but I assume this only shows plusnet errors and not all isp's

athruntalan
Grafter

Judging from posts made on the forum since a similar issue was supposedly fixed a couple of weeks ago, at least 5. This is just on the forum of course, and doesn't count that there's likely people out there who (a) have/haven't reported it elsewhere, or (b) don't use their fibre in ways that require a stable connection, so haven't noticed.

Either way, I'd say we're fast approaching the point of needing a solid acknowledgement and update from Plusnet, preferably with some idea of a fix time. It's damn sure not down to a single user's connection.

I checked my exchange - nothing BT are aware of.

pantsman28
Grafter

I appreciate its happening at peak times and services ie speed do get effected and like you would prefer a stable connection. At the end of the day its what we are paying for.

It would be interesting to find BT engineers take on this?

I was originally told it was an hardware syncing issue but it seems a more wide spread issue than I originally thought.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@pantsman28 wrote:

Just incase you don't know, you can visit http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ and put in your exchange code to see what errors are being logged and who are effected, but I assume this only shows plusnet errors and not all isp's

This doesn't show fibre capacity issues I don't believe.

For those having problems on this thread, please report a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
athruntalan
Grafter

Hi Chris,

Many of us already have, I suspect. I've got one on the go - 130769591 - and an engineer visiting Monday afternoon. The more I look at the forums in the last few days though, the more I'm certain the engineer will turn up nothing and it'll be something higher up than at the exchange level.

pantsman28
Grafter

Already put in a support ticket on Monday but not heard anything so far other than it was being investigated. Sad

Would be nice if plusnet would offer some explanation.

I must admit I am considering leaving even though I have been with plusnet for nearly 5 years now

Xup
Grafter
Fixes: 3

pantsman28
Grafter

wow thats some serious usage on the line. 

pantsman28
Grafter

Athruntalan

I have heard back from Plusnet quoting about my issue. 

On testing your connection, the cause of the issue you're experiencing cannot be identified. It wasn't noted previously but can you first ensure that you're connected to the router via a cable when testing the service. If it isn't a wifi issue, an engineer would be required. It;s possible you're getting REIN interference, but an engineer would be needed to identify if that's the case.

Might be worth asking the BT engineer about this REIN interference. I doubt it is this considering its not an isolated incident. Although if this was the case it can only be one of 2 things. The BT modem or the wireless plusnet router. I doubt it a local interference unless we all live next to each other.

I have EchoLite HG612 FTTC VDSL NTE 3B open reach modem and Technicolor TG582n Plusnet Router. 

just wondering if we all have the same equipment type?

Xup
Grafter
Fixes: 3

All in one unit, Billion 8800NL,  on my line

athruntalan
Grafter

I've got the bogstandard BT Openreach fibre modem, and a TP-Link Archer D2 router.

I've said this in another topic, but what IP subnets are you guys on? I've found issues with both the 209 and 5 networks, but I reupgraded to a Static IP last night on the 80 network, and so far there's been no packet loss. Touch wood.