Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

evidence plusnet are throttling

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: evidence plusnet are throttling

Plusnet has no means of throttling lines they are DLM controlled and out of their hands, also Plusnet doesn't contact anyone just to see how their line is performing they only contact when the contract is coming to an end or the odd marketing call but you can request them not to do those.

so I have to call some male cow poo on this one.

mundiz
Hooked

I'm sorry Terranova667 that you are the font of all knowledge regarding Plusnet and Broadband. I as a mere mortal can only take advice from my ISP Plusnet.  Here is a snapshot of the email that i received today apologising for them capping my Broadband at 44mbs.

Snapshot1.jpg

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@mundiz that's was Openreach DLM banded on the line not PN throttling your line speed. Depends on your line quality. PN isn't throttling and never is!

Terranova667
Pro

DLM banned the line which it can do if the line has a fault and becomes too unstable to maintain the fastest speed, the fault was fixed (a fault which you never mentioned you had in the first place) and the banding will now need to be removed by OPENREACH Plusnet just makes a request.

None of this was Plusnet's doing your email shows that.

welsh_andy
Grafter

well im leaving in next day or so, plusnet phoned up and apologised, funny they only bothered when i am leaving, lady was nice enuff, she seen i had issues with speed for months, gave me a nice few quid as a to cancel the complaint, but as i said, its not the money.#but my time at plusnet is about to be over, and cant say im sorry, customer service has been woeful to say the least, and using the covid thing is no defence, some of us had to work through the human malware and give the best service, so theres no excuse for poor customer service, and as i have learn on here the faithful come running to plusnets defence even if plusnet are at fault, its pretty pathetic really, and extremely unhelpful and doesnt help plusnet at all.

one thing customers remember is poor customer service, so will see if its BT that are the issue or not, i will be getting upto 76mb at same price i was paying plusnet. i shall report back in the first month either way

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net. - Noor

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
welsh_andy
Grafter

well since joining new broadband company its world of difference, so proves issue was with plusnet, now getting north of 60mbs and 16mbs upload, best decision ever made leaving this company, terrible customer service and woeful speeds, luckily have passed this info onto people i see every day, ie avoid plusnet at all costs, plus even wouldnt let me split final bill due to reduced hours and struggling financially, and plusnet were only company not to offer to  help because of reduced hours. but threatened me with baliffs if didnt pay in one lump sum. shocking, and never again use this company.  good riddance!!!

Terranova667
Pro

It proves nothing, moving ISP removed the banding by resetting DLM giving the speed you would have had by asking for a DLM reset in the first place.