cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

every provider saying i cant get fibre - when i can!!

lee2009
Dabbler

every provider saying i cant get fibre - when i can!!

never had this issue before, currently with plusnet, getting 35 down 6 up.

end of contract time, so ive went looking for deals, every provider is saying i can only get broad band at 16 down and 1 up!!

tried to get a new customer quote from plusnet, they are saying max of 16 down and 1 up? just whats going?

currently live in a fttc area, but im positive my town is getting cabled for fttp would this have anything to do with not been able to buy a fibre package from ANY supplier?

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: every provider saying i cant get fibre - when i can!!

It may be that your fibre cabinet is full with no spare ports thus no supplier can quote for FTTC.

Did you get an offer from Plusnet for a new contract? Have you called the Plusnet Customer Options Team to see what deal you can negotiate?

lee2009
Dabbler

damm  your right, just checked the bt test thing and its coming up with "waiting list"

yep had new offer from plusnet, but i do not want to lock in with plusnet, as my  town is currently in the build phase of fttp and as far as im aware plusnet do not offer any fttp products even for the areas that have it.

was thinking of jumping ship to bt on a fttc deal, as when fttp is ready in my area it would just be a case of upgrading

lee2009
Dabbler

also, as my cabnet is full, surely if i was to move provide from plusnet to bt, i would keep my place in the cabnet, but obvislouy i cant get any quotes from bt, this is so annoying.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

That seems logical but I do not know for sure. You would need to call BT to see and to get a quote. However, like a lot of ISPs, I think the best rates are only available from them online but you may be able to negotiate something as you could not facilitate the transfer that way