cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

err_connection_timed_out

paulappleby

err_connection_timed_out

For a while now (maybe a couple of weeks) I've been having strange trouble with my internet connection.  Almost every web page I visit takes ages to connect before Chrome gives me an 'ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT' message.  But then the page automatically refreshes and the page usually loads correctly.  This happens on both my desktop and laptop and when the laptop is connected directly to the router with a cable.

Any ideas?  I'm not a networking expert and because the error is only there during the connection I'm not sure how to diagnose it.  Any suggestions on things I can check?  Is it likely to be my setup or a plus net problem?

Thanks for any help.

The info:

Windows 10

Plusnet Unlimited Fibre

Router: Technicolor Gateway TG582n (supplied by Plusnet)

Phone line rental with plusnet

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: err_connection_timed_out

Hi there,

I've just performed some faults diagnostics which haven't indicated any causes for this. However I suspect you may have been affected by a problem on our side of the network which we've been working on.

We fully expect this to be resolved now.

Can you let us know if this appears to be resolved from your point of view please?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paulappleby

No, sorry, that hasn't helped.  In fact the problem occurred just then when I refreshed this page to add my response to the thread.

04mike91
Dabbler

Should have looked at this thread just a few up as many having same issues amongst other things

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/DNS-Routing-issues-for-the-last-36-hours/td-p/1348275