cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrade to 40 meg service

teabag31
Dabbler

Re: downgrade to 40 meg service

i wont be happy if i have to start a new contract as the minimum speed i was told i would get im not getting ie 48meg , if when signing up to fibre your told you will get 37 meg you would go for lower package.
ive spoken to plusnet about downgrading twice now and they have not said it will be a new contract, if it is a new contract well i wont downgrade and would wait it out and go with sky simple.
dick:quote
joclark
Grafter

Good morning @teabag31, I can confirm you can download your account to the 40Mbs fibre broadband. I do need to make you aware any discounts will be removed that you currently hold.
You can downgrade this yourself on the member centre, to ensure a new contract is not applied please choose 'retain contract length' it is the top selection on the drop down box.
Hope this helps
gofaster
Rising Star

@joclark Are you sure teabag can downgrade from the member center?  I am on Plusnet Unlimited Fibre and if I go into Product Change the only option offered is to Keep this product.
joclark
Grafter

I am positive they can do this via the member centre, you may not have the facility to upgrade on to the fibre extra package due to line speed availability. However, because they already have the higher package this can be downgraded to the lower.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I didn't have the option to do it online when I downgraded (though that was getting on for a year ago now), had to call customer options.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
gofaster
Rising Star

@jo I said that I am on Plusnet Unlimited Fibre. I'm already on up to 78Mb but there is no option offered to change to either Unlimited Fibre or Unlimited Fibre Extra
@teabag Are you offered the option to downgrade to Unlimited Fibre on the Product Change page?
teabag31
Dabbler

no it just says keep this product, i did try to go this route last week and it was the same then.
dick:quote
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Can you please raise me a ticket (and post the ID here) so that I can take this up for you. Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
teabag31
Dabbler

ticket #100550734 thanks, Rob
adie:quote
idi

Sorry to jump in here but I have the same issue, need to downgrade to 40mb as line only manages 33mb.
If you could look at #100990679 too that would be dandy.