Did you mean: 

dns keeps on failing on connection

FIXED
cochin007
Grafter
Fixes: 1

dns keeps on failing on connection

Hi,

I have static ip and suddenly from 2 days back my pages stopped loading. I called tech support which is useless and asked me to connect a adsl filter. The guy didnt have any clue what dns is i think.. He checked logs and said some one will contact in 3 days.. [-Censored-] support.. WHo will wait 3 days.. Last time they released by static ip and it got changed .. I dont want to do it again.

How do i fix it. The nslookup bt.com 1.1.1.1 even fails 8.8.8.8 works sometimes 212.159.6.9 /10 fails sometimes and i have to put a dns else it complaints saying dns is not working..Any knows anything?

@bobpullen 

4 REPLIES 4
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: dns keeps on failing on connection

Just in case its a local problem. Have you tried flushing the DNS on the box concerned?

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
cochin007
Grafter
Fixes: 1

No ,it wont work.. Its an error with plusnet .. The orginal oem modem also doesnt work.. Some issue with static ip in the way its designed...Three days over after i called tech support.. They dont know what to do other than escalate to infinity

DylRicho
Hooked

I am also having the same issues, but I would like to ask @cochin007 what network adapter you're using, and what driver version is installed.

My device is the only one affected from what I can tell, so I'm less inclined to believe it's Plusnet, and more to do with some shoddy Windows update yet again (I have 20H2).

For whatever reason, Realtek and Qualcomm network adapters are mostly affected by Windows updates ever since 1803 was released. For versions up until now, I've fixed connectivity issues by installing an older driver directly from Realtek, overriding the driver that Windows seems to think is best. (The driver installed by Windows would result in a loss of connection as soon as there's any indication of network activity.)

However, since 20H2, even that hasn't fixed the issue. There are frequent DNS errors and "no Internet" messages, when the Hub One light is solid blue.

So, while this may not be true for your case, it is worth considering. Windows Update has been notorious for breaking Internet connectivity with Realtek and Qualcomm adapters since 1803 was released in April 2018.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

Fix

@cochin007  Have you been playing around with your MAC address and VDSL settings again ?