cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crazy bt openworld

davey6
Dabbler

crazy bt openworld

so my problems started yesterday after bt openworld were in our street.

line dropped no net, phoned plusnet support 30mins to get a answer ( not good ) 

found out that my phone number has been switched with someone else so line tested no fault.

but thats great expect someone else now has my line in there house.

ticket number 159301522

plus net set to send out engineer on tues, fair enough.

only so much testing you can do when i don't have a phone connected to my line

this morning i see a engineer up the pole outside my block, got dressed ( very badly ) 

run out the door to catch the guy.

he told me his been to 8 different address this morning all of which don't have the correct number and people in the street keep coming up to him and telling him the same thing their numbers have been switched round.

i did feel a little sorry for the guy i must admit.

he admitted it was the underground team working in the street yesterday that have screwed everything up and his not underground trained to get down there.

he said it stinks of a friday afternoon job that was bigger then expected so they just connected it all up any how and went home for the weekend leaving someone else like him to take the backlash for their shoddy work.

so my question is who the hell do i take this up with, plusnet are not at fault, bt openworld are.

but after phoning BT support this morning i get some snotty answer saying your not a member of ours 

so we won't help you, take it up with your own isp 

if BT openworld screw up this badly they are the ones that should take full blame for messing up what is turning out to be half my street

but i can't get a single answer out of them what so ever they are just not interested.

6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: crazy bt openworld

davey6
Dabbler

Agreed and already done so as you can see in my post.

however i can't see any reason why plusnet have to take the blame for this.

because at the end of the day they are a middle man, the blame lays at the feet of BT and if i do a formal letter 

i want it to go to the correct people which in this case is not plusnet.

If i was to screw up this bad at work i would not be able to hide behind other people i would have been called 

back in the very same weekend,  i can't see any reason why bt openworld can get away with hiding 

behind other companies.

its just not right 

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

The only time Openreach (not World) will allow direct contact is regards service to a New Build property.
In the past I've tweeted Openreach with photos of damaged cables I've come across on walks, but they
never respond.
davey6
Dabbler

thank you openreach must remember that my mind just see's BT.

they should be sold off and made responsible for their actions like every other company.

BT have got too big and too greedy over the years and they hide behind a ISP no matter 

who it is all be it plusnet or other company.

before someone points it out yes i know plusnet  is owned by BT but unlike openreach they have 

their own support lines and are at least willing to try and help.

openreach seem to be untouchable and that is not right and something i am going to be pointing 

out to ofcom as i feel their actions in my street has caused far too much trouble and they simply can't just walk away 

or hide behind a ISP.

davey6
Dabbler

i have spent many hours today trying to contact openreach and i might as well have banged my head on a wall all afternoon.

everything on their website regarding complaints is contact your service provider.

i found one page here but the options they list are limited none the less right or wrong i gave them a right eyeful to read.

and i will list it as its pretty hard to find

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/loadRaiseComplaint.do

from talking to people in my road they have crossed over 70 lines that we know about and its not just home lines.

they have done some business lines as well.

i don't need to win first prize to guess who will get fixed first and it won't be the home lines.

i am pretty sure that the engineers they send out are going to get shocked by some of my neighbours.

you don't expect to hear some sweet grey haired old granny swearing but they are going to find out she has a dam temper 

on her and out of all of us she is the most angry and the one that is going to lay in wait for them to show up.

bless her 

davey6
Dabbler

Just to update.

crossed line now fixed but not without its problems with my download speed.

somehow think openreach know they dropped the ball on this one as they called me on my mobile 

at 7.40am on monday.

maybe someone did read my complaint ? 

but i have to say without plusnet support my line would not be working normally.

despite openreach coming straight in and fixing the crossed line  my net speeds dropped to a point of being joke.

with the help of some kind people on the support desk i managed to get this sorted out while the engineer was still in our road.

sometimes it's worth that 20min wait to speak to someone to find there was still a copper line fault as i went straight 

out and dragged the openreach engineer back in.

he may have put the line back but he failed to clean anything which in turn caused the line fault.

all i can add is this if you phone plusnet support try to be as clear as possible about the fault your having, what has been done so far and quote any support ticket numbers you have.

allow them to do their test at their end because they can do alot more kicking to openreach then we ever can.