cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crackly phone line only when internet connected. Internet videos frame by frame.

cat1968

crackly phone line only when internet connected. Internet videos frame by frame.

Anyone had this problem? My phone is terrible has a crackly line, engineer attended and said nothing wrong with the connection from the house to the exchange.  So I have since done the following:

Replaced an extension lead from the box in the hallway to the bedroom.

Replaced the ASDL box with a spare one I have from plusnet

Replaced the ethernet cable (from the modem to the ASDL box).

Replaced the home phones with brand new Panasonic ones as of today.

I have also done the following:

Taken the front off the box in the hallway to access the engineers port and put the phone cable into this port which did not make any difference UNTIL I UNPLUGGED THE MODEM CABLE FROM THE ASDL BOX AS I WAS ON A CALL. So I stayed on the phone for about a hour, plugging in and unplugging the modem and it only crackled the line when the modem was plugged into the box. Remember the cable from the modem to the ASDL box has been replaced with a new one.

Anyone else having problems? I have copied this to plusnet to raise another issue. Modem was replaced late last year. Also the internet videos on TicTock etc seem to be only frame by frame.  bloody annoying!