cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant disconnection in CV21 (Rugby)

scottvsaunders

constant disconnection in CV21 (Rugby)

Hey Plusnet.
I upgraded my speed to the 76MB package last month and recently have had a lot of disconnections which are really starting to get annoying.
Whats going on ?
the router doesn't appear to rebook as non of the lights go off however it seems that all the devices that pick up the wifi cant see the signal from the router. 
can you see a log of this at your end?
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: constant disconnection in CV21 (Rugby)

Nothing too concerning showing here:

Do you see the same issues on a wired connection?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

have you tried a wired connection to rule out that it's only the wifi that's dropping?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scottvsaunders

Quote from: Chris
Nothing too concerning showing here:

Do you see the same issues on a wired connection?

only wireless however forgive my ignorance but what am I looking at ? 🙂
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The image is taken from our connection logs, the bars that you see indicate a disconnect/reconnection. As you can see we aren't seeing many, so the connection itself seems to be stable, so it's possibly the wireless causing issues.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
scottvsaunders

Quote from: dvorak
have you tried a wired connection to rule out that it's only the wifi that's dropping?

No as its difficult to keep the wireless connection plugged in due to the location of the router.
There was a period last night of about 2 hours where the box was not broadcasting any signal that would be picked up by a number of devices including my Mac-book and the kids iPhone's etc.
We are lucky that we also have a 2nd fibre connection into the house running though Virgin Media as a backup.  (its on a different channel to the plusnet box)
very strange.
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Ive had exact problem today, but PN cannot see drops, ive been advised to change channel.
scottvsaunders

did changing the channel do anything for your speed?
right now - I am located 2 metres from the wireless router and have a connection of less that 5MB when doing a speediest.
bit of a long way off from the 76MB I am paying for
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It was all a waste of time changing wifi channels, I was given wrong info by staff ( New ), today i completely crashed out with drops and via PN chat found out my service has been dropping and should have been picked up by staff, when i rang twice, the faults team have it now, so have to wait 72 hours,  Embarrassed