cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection keeps dropping

Imaris
Hooked

connection keeps dropping

We are new to Plusnet and every night the connection drops and we are required to re enter the broadband username and password - any ideas?  This has happened everyday since we went live approx 4 days now and its the username and password for the broadband connection keeps resetting back to setup@

6 REPLIES 6
Imaris
Hooked

Re: connection keeps dropping

and guess what!  this has happened again this morning! 5 days on the bounce!

Imaris
Hooked

Is there a plusnet rep on this site at any point hat may offer some advice?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Imaris,

Looking at your account, I'm afraid all I can advise at the moment is that the password in your router is currently incorrect and as the log has been filled with password incorrect I can't check back further than this morning. Having said this, the username in the router is currently correct.

When you say this has happened for the past 5 days, was this also happening before your services came over to us on the 16th?

Please also note that our community forums are not an instant response support channel. I was actually already reading over the post and checking over your account when you made your last post.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Imaris
Hooked

The password is correct as the broadband works when its been entered everyday.. For the past 5 days. The password gets cleared out every night at approx 10.30pm
Tags (1)
Imaris
Hooked

If its checked now all is working at the minute as I have entered the pasword
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hmm, can you try a factory reset of your router?

Push a paper clip, pen, or something pointed in the reset pinhole button on the back of the router. Keep the button pressed for 20 seconds. When the light on the front of your Hub turns green, release the reset button.

When the light on the front of the Hub turns blue, it's now restored to factory settings.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet