cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection interupted during file transfer over workplace VPN

leemeaden

connection interupted during file transfer over workplace VPN

Good Morning, i hope somebody can offer advice regarings my connection through Globalprotect VPN. i have recently signed up to Fibre Extra and now have an excellent connection to the internet and streaming VOD(such as netflex), however i need to connect to my workplace shared drives to occasionally download and upload files of medium size(1-3mb), this is achieved through a work laptop running Globalprotect VPN.

if the file is larger than a few kb, then windows explorer reports connection interupted and requests i try again, i can see all the shared drives and the files within but i am unable to copy to or from, if i share my mobile phone connection and connect through Global protect then files copy with no problems- there is also n problem from other wifi locations. My company ICT have advised that there must be an incompatible setting either with the Plusnet One Hub or with Plusnet, i have enabled and disabled port clamping on my router with no success,

any advice is greatfully received.

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: connection interupted during file transfer over workplace VPN

Hi there, I've just been running some checks on your connection which don't highlight any faults or other issues so it might be an issue specific to the VPN in that case. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
leemeaden

OK, thanks for looking into it, apart from Globalprotect i have no reasons to suspect any issues with my connection, the VPN settings are locked out of my control with my comany IT authorised to make changes, which they say is all configured correctly. i will try the company IT and see if they have any further suggestions. thanks

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

No worries @leemeaden 

Let us know what they say won't you? 

Thanks, 

MoR