cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection drop

johnk28
Hooked

connection drop

I keep getting drop outs I have now gone onto the test plate to if it makes a difference

my down load has dropped to about 28 and should be in the 40s can some one have a look please

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: connection drop

Hi John,

From what I can see your connection's definitely dropping as per the picture below

Line tests are showing a high resistance fault which I suspect is causing this. 

I'd recommend plugging your router into the test socket explained here Here making sure there's no extension cabling between the router and the telephone socket to rule out internal wiring.

If you're still having issues I'd then head on across to faults.plus.net to raise a fault with us so we can arrange an engineer visit. If you can post back afterwards we'll be happy to make sure that's picked up for you as soon as we can.

[edit]

Just read your post again and see you're already in the test socket. Are you using any extension cabling? If you aren't before we arrange an engineer actually it may be worth us sending you a new router

Looking at how long you've had your router that may also be the cause of the fault

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
johnk28
Hooked

im not using no extensions and the router is a bt smart hub 2 a few mouths old

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah OK. In that case then I'd recommend raising a fault online so we can arrange an engineer visit

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
johnk28
Hooked

can I not just get a dlm reset

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm afraid that a DLM reset wouldn't help stop your connection from dropping

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet