capped speeds? Breaking my heart

FIXED
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: capped speeds? Breaking my heart

HI @microhunt

Thanks for coming back to us. I'm really sorry that one of my colleagues didn't contact you regarding your ongoing fault. I can see that one of my colleagues did leave an update on your fault ticket here and that since that contact an engineer has been arranged to attend your premises tomorrow between 8am and 1pm to finish resolving the issue. Once this engineer visit has taken place, I fully expect the line banding and therefore your speed issue to be resolved.

In the interim, if there's anything else you need, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

Dave

microhunt
Dabbler

BT engineer has today, he took my plus net router to test directly at exchange box. The situation now is that I have a 27% drop in download speed.

My profile is 29,000 (Kbps) and before it was 40,000(Kbps). The engineer from BT who is called Paul is an absolute gentleman and has done everything possible to resolve problem.

I am very disappointed that no one from plus net as phoned me to discuss problem. I have requested to be contacted but know response.

I would now like to leave Plusnet as I am not happy that my line is up and down on profile continually going as low as 6,000 (kbps), which the BT engineer can confirm. A lift and shift has now been completed and now today I have lost 27% download speed and still no contact from Plusnet.

Please can someone from Plusnet phone me and let me out of contract so I can get this situation.resolved and move to another provider as I am not happy with the way this situation has been handled by Plusnet.

BT are very lucky to have such a good engineer who has tried every thing to resolve this situation.

I hope someone from Plusnet will now contact me? 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @microhunt

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I've reviewed your account and can see that one of my colleagues did contact you on 20/11/18 to discuss your fault. An engineer was then arranged for yesterday with the work rolling over into today - As I said in my initial post, I'm sorry that my colleagues did not contact you regarding the fault update - as far as we were concerned the engineer was still working on the fault and we were due to check for an update today when I picked up your contact via social media.

From a technical perspective, I'd like to investigate this further with our suppliers to establish the state of play with your line - I'm happy to take ownership and do this upon confirmation from yourself that you'd like to proceed with further technical assessment of your connection. My only concern is that should you cancel or migrate your services away from us, the constant in this situation, the BT line, may produce the same issues with another provider. I must stress that Plusnet do not cap your services - the speed of your connection is being controlled by the physical line itself and the software in the BT exchange which monitors the stability of your connection. These aspects of your connection would still be present should you move to another provider (Virgin et al excluded of course).

Irrespective. If you would like to discuss the cancellation of your account, one of my colleagues from the Customer Options Team would be happy to assist on 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 (Both free from a Plusnet Landline) - we are unable to process or facilitate cancellations via social media.

Their opening times are: 
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday 
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday 
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

Please let me know if you'd like to explore the technical aspect of your issue in more depth - I'm happy to help.

Best wishes

Dave

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) changed font

microhunt
Dabbler

Yes I am very pleased if you would take this situation on and get to the bottom of the problem. I have had 40,000KBps download speed for 2 years now and that's all I want to get back and working. Thanks for your offer of taking it on and resolving problem.

Kind Regards

microhunt
Dabbler

Hi Dave,

Thank you for offering to help solve my broadband problem. Initially Dave I had 40,000(Kbps) download speed no problem for last couple of years. BT have been working on line now for couple of days. I have uploaded two tests for you to analyse.

It appears that my line profile is now 30,000(KBps) a 25% decrease in Broadband download speed which I am not happy with.

The line has been consistently 40,000(Kbps) for over the last 2 years.

Please help me get back to the speed I had. See Pictures 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Dave's not in the office right now, but I've checked your fault report and I can see the fault is still in hand with our suppliers. We should have an update over the course of today and we'll update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @microhunt,

Thanks for your patience whilst our suppliers continue to work on this for you.

I can see that they've made some infrastructure changes for you this morning which should have helped - could you please test the speed when you get the opportunity and let us know the results?

Thanks

Dave

microhunt
Dabbler

Hello Dave,

Good News:GrinGrin  all is working again. Out of interest can you please explain to me what the problem was and how it was resolved. I am delighted it is working and very happy.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @microhunt - it was an issue with the port you were connected to in the exchange.

We asked our suppliers to move you to another port and just like that - resolved Smiley

Glad you're sorted. If there's anything else you need, please just drop me a line.

Best wishes

Dave

microhunt
Dabbler

Thank you Dave everything looks good. Just one question Dave. Am j on the fastest package and what is the fastest speed my line can achieve.

Regards
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I've checked this for you and it looks like you're on the Unlimited Fibre package.

While the estimates of your line show a speed of between 8.3mbps to 15.2mbps we can't guarantee you'll get any higher, however from the fact your router is in sync at 40mbps it's obvious that this is way out.

Could you go to your router settings at http://192.168.1.254 then the Troubleshooting > Helpdesk tab checking the Maximum Data Rate? This is what I'd expect your line to achieve.

You could always upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra and if you don't see a change, request that you downgrade within the 14 day cooling off period as the upgrade should only take 1 working day so you'll have plenty of time to go back.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet