Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: capacity issues - continued

i got THIS yesterday  Sad
on  pcl-bng01.
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
NoZephy
Rising Star

@rongtw I always get that sort of graph on pcl-bng01 towards the evening. It's annoying because whenever I get booted off a gateway that was working fine for me it always put's me on that particular one and I can always tell when I'm on it because most webpages and http comes unresponsive and slow...
Wonder how long till PN censor their forums because of the complaints. issues like this and the removal of line speed access and gateway graphs just makes me suspicious..
tin foil hat time lads lol Grin
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

All looks pretty good on pcl-ag06. Speedtest done via wifi too.

mlmclaren
Grafter

PCL-BNG01 during day is OK for me... given up moving around now... as said earlier, you get a good gateway and route and then your kicked so what the fucking point!
@djtoastie
Quote from: djtoastie
I'll post mine, the upload speed makes me cry

I've seen your other thread regarding speed issue but it looks like your getting what is expected on your line, the reason your upload is only upto 2Mb/s is due to that being the max for your service from Plusnet, the only way this can be increased is by upgrading to the Fibre Extra package or finding a provider who supplies the 10Mb/s upload product.
Also I'm pretty sure your test is unrelated to this topic and you may have a line fault that needs to be raised with Plusnet, I will post in your thread regarding these issues shortly Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As an aside - and of no help with this discussion - I am on pcl-bng04 and running a test last night showed no problems at all (fibre sync at just over 40Mb/s) so I have to assume that there is a geographic element as I am way down south in Dorset
mlmclaren
Grafter

@oldjim - It seems to be something to do with the "assigned" route into the gateway that's an issue,
Last night I was getting full speeds on the  plagued BNG01 @ PCL, but other nights it will show the single thread issue...
Generally the PCL-BNG01 gateway is a busy one and shows signs of minor congestion, but this i think is only noticed due to prioritization of traffic coming into a affect and things queuing up.
The main ball ache seems to be with the links into the gateway (maybe BTw through London) becoming congested,thus slowing all single threads down and adding to the delays.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Is that why the 40/20 has been knocked on the head because people who were on the 80/20 were migrating to it, hence they have changed it to a shocking 2mb upload speed.
Estragon
Rising Star

More likely that hardly anyone was signing up to 80/20 any more. Also, there is no matching Openreach product:- 80/20; 40/10; 40/2. Plusnet were buying 80/20 and capping the download speed, but getting paid 40/10 prices. Madness.
Plusnet history:
1) First FTTC product, 40/2.
2) Product changes. Giving 80/20 and 40/10. (There was a short 80/20 trial where the only standard product remained the 40/2. At the end of the trial the product line became as I said).
3) Latest change. 80/20 and 40/2. If your estimate is under 40 Mbps you can't have 80/20 even if willing to pay for it so as to get the faster upstream. More madness.
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: buntrob

I take it that you are a FTTP customer with a upstream speed test result of 20+mbps ?  and testing outside peak times is pretty much pointless as you will likely see normal results , what is your throughput like between 7pm and 11pm  in particular  a Sunday/Monday ?
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

ptw-bng01
IP registered as UK

pcl-bng01
IP registered as UK

Things must be getting better, only one hop to get a half decent gateway.  Cheesy
kitz
Aspiring Pro

I'm fed up of it now.  
This started for me in Jan, theres been the odd time when I get on a decent gateway and things will be ok for a while, but then there comes a time when I get kicked for some reason or other and then it can take ages before I find a decent connection again.
Ive done all the tests, tried to give constructive feedback and still it goes no-where.   I'm not around most evening but when I am there have been times when things have been so bad it effects what I can and can't do.
How much longer do we have to wait for Plusnet to give some sort of response.  
I have my suspicions what it could be and Plusnet needs to be open and do some kicking.  I think that if they were honest with us about what was going on then a lot more people would be more understanding.  
As it stands the 'bury heads in the sand' approach we see on here is only harming Plusnets reputation.
I'm not best impressed at the ticket I have open either.  
It takes someone a week each time to respond and failure to recognise that the single thread issue does impact things like surfing and streaming.
I certainly dont speedtest every day, I only do so when I notice performance of what Im doing is garbage.

Plusnet can I have a response please
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: kitz
I think that if they were honest with us about what was going on then a lot more people would be more understanding.  
As it stands the 'bury heads in the sand' approach we see on here is only harming Plusnets reputation.

I agree, but:
I suspect they've been told by BT to keep stum.
deathtrap
Grafter

It's been let go on far too long already,so them suddenly now being open, isn't that likely stop people migrating away, I too had been having issues at peak time since Jan, by March they had had more than enough time to of sorted it out, but they failed to do that, 7mths  and people are still putting up with this???? Why even where the underlying cause lies within BTW's realm it shouldn't take several months to get a resolution, (assuming you have a ISP who doesn't let them get away with their lame excuses)
chrcoluk
Grafter

kitz best thing to do is change isp, they just want to stick their heads in the sand.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

I wonder how many people are stuck in contracts like myself because of over zealous customer support staff over hyping speeds people wont actually achieve. 14 days isn't long enough for someone to make up their mind if the service is good enough for their needs. I see a lot of people saying things are fine then once their 14 days grace is over they are stuck into their contracts for however long they signed up for. Im not saying Plusnet are to blame but its this disgracefully low speed estimate of 40Mbps that Plusnet/BTO cling on to to cover their @rses.