Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity issues - continued

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: capacity issues - continued

@b1ggles
The Good Gateway (TM) differs too much for each individual as it depends on many other factors.
I know for myself that the better gateways are the AG gateways, that has been found out by trial and error. But for others it has been based around the data centre that they connect through  such as those gateways starting PTW or PCL.
I'm currently on  ptw-ag02 (212.159.2.151) and have been for a few months without any peak hours issues.
If you check your gateway out using the debug version http://users.plus.net/@gateway_custom?debug-ip=yes, you can find out the IP address of the box in the gateway that you connect through and that can also cause problems, so it is not just the gateway but the IP of the box within that gateway that you need to watch for.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
elfish
Grafter

lo0.10.central10.ptn-bng01.plus.net
b1ggles
Grafter

Quote from: georgelnx
@b1ggles
The Good Gateway (TM) differs too much for each individual as it depends on many other factors.
I know for myself that the better gateways are the AG gateways, that has been found out by trial and error. But for others it has been based around the data centre that they connect through  such as those gateways starting PTW or PCL.
I'm currently on  ptw-ag02 (212.159.2.151) and have been for a few months without any peak hours issues.
If you check your gateway out using the debug version http://users.plus.net/@gateway_custom?debug-ip=yes, you can find out the IP address of the box in the gateway that you connect through and that can also cause problems, so it is not just the gateway but the IP of the box within that gateway that you need to watch for.

Thanks for the info, to start with I was only having 'trouble' with PCL-BNG02 which was mentioned many times as a bad one which made me assume it was a simple good/bad across the board.
Ironically, I'm currently on pcl-ag02 which was like elfish's above this morning but now at peak time it is bouncing around 30-40Mb.
vicky1959
Grafter

Think theres a problem!

[ftp=ftp://]
[/ftp]
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

not necessarily - the sawtooth on the upload may be your antivirus scanning
vicky1959
Grafter

have no antivirus  not even windows defender or essiantials,all disabled, partner  has had it like this for yrs, only ever had two problems,he may once in a while reinstall AVG, test it the uninstall it completely,including all in regedit
dick:quote
elfish
Grafter

Use the alternative tester. The upload test on the initial tester seems to fluctuate quiet a bit.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Another [Censored] night!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mlmclaren
Grafter

I would of thought you'd be out of here by now jelv, why you still bothering? Cheesy
Now is just the time to keep awareness up to all potential customers and help those less in the know and how to progress with leaving Plusnet Contracted/Not!
elfish
Grafter

lo0.10.central10.ptn-bng01.plus.net
hex
Grafter

If anyone is using the thinkbroadband speed test under firefox then be sure to try repeating the test with an alternate browser to see if there is a difference.  The plugin container sandbox firefox uses seems to cause some strange speed differences between the http x1 and x6 download tests - well either that or firefox is right and the other browsers I have tried are wrong!  It may be possible to disable the plugin container although the posted methods I found did not seem to work for the version I am running.
PS. not denying there are any issues - I have experienced them myself - but if we can exclude any potentially bad test results it may give plusnet a clearer picture of what is going on.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Plusnet know what is going on they said they were able to replicate the issue themselves they have just been very quiet on what is going on to get it fixed
elfish
Grafter

What is going on? Every time I perform the test I am always getting the same result, and it is the same on any computer that I try. It is either my router or external to my network, but I use to get full speed with the x1 TBB test. Gateway hopping does nothing, and I have basically tried them all!
Example of full speed:

Is there anything that the PN staff could look in to or do, to try and see if the issue is associated with my connection/account.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Are you still on lo0.10.central10.ptn-bng01.plus.net btw?
elfish
Grafter

I am on 195.166.130.221. No rDNS name, so god knows which gateway it is. One of the PCL's?