cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity issues - continued

chrcoluk
Grafter

capacity issues - continued

Please continue discussing here, plusnet may prefer everyone to make their own threads for PR reasons, but collective posts are more effective at getting these issues resolved, even if plusnet want to brush them under the carpet.
So matt whats the update please, or is there nothing coming.
I suggest only those affected post here.
754 REPLIES 754
Estragon
Rising Star

Re: capacity issues - continued

I fully agree with you about the locking of the previous thread, particularly the disgraceful wording used. What does he mean - "If anyone is still experiencing problems" !!!!!
Talk about under-carpet brushing, as you say! Perhaps between us all we were edging too close to the truth.
Anyway, here's a wired speed test taken a few minutes ago. Compare and contrast with 22:19 last night, 22:30 last night, and one taken at 00:55 this morning when things had gone quiet. I used to have results like the last one all the time.
rachann
Hooked

This is unusable, and before Plusent say it is someone elses fault my contract is Plusenet.
Speed tonight http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/143518198777828615545.png
Normal speed. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/143513627192377938767.png
   Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi rachann, welcome to the forum.
That speed result is seriously bad, I assume nothing else was running on your connection at the time, downloads etc.
What you should do is run the BTw Performance test - DON'T REBOOT, use an Ethernet (wired) connection, ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet, and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test. But do it to get the bad result and don't run another once you have. The last results are visible to Plusnet on their systems.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image). Then raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net/
mlmclaren
Grafter

Had some issues earlier on both PCL & PTW gateways... Fixed once connected via PTN though, latency gaming got very shitty around midnight though it seem to calm back down to its usual intermittent laggyness!
davidma76

Same here, I've only been with plusnet a few weeks but the past few nights theres a noticable drop in performance around peak time. I've checked my exchange for congestion/planned upgrades but theres nothing listed.
Last night 21:28

This morning 09:40

Both wired.
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: chrcoluk
Please continue discussing here, plusnet may prefer everyone to make their own threads for PR reasons, but collective posts are more effective at getting these issues resolved, even if plusnet want to brush them under the carpet.
Whereas I think it should have been closed a while back due to the unpleasant comments and personal attacks being banded around by some people. If posters can keep this thread polite and clean I'm sure it'll have a long life.
Perhaps as long as the fault it is trying to have fixed. Six months..and counting  Roll_eyes
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

I agree Andrue - and Plusnet should really give an update otherwise customers may start to think they aren't serious about resolving this issue.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

For the people new to this thread/follow-up thread, can you ensure that you have reported this to us please via faults.plus.net so we can ensure this isn't a simple line fault or known exchange congestion.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

That is good advice Chris. Of course this thread also relates to the peak time congestion that Plusnet has already acknowledged is a problem. An update on that issue would be very welcome.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I don't know the update, I'll ask Matt to follow up.
I just didn't want this thread to devolve in to single fault issues that have been added just due to it seeming like a similar issue as happened in the last one.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Chris will the fault tickets be for checking my local issues like line quality and prior to exchange issues or will these tickets also be required if issues prior to the exchange (router > modem > line > cabinet > exchange) re on going..
If so how can we be assured our ticket will not just timeout after 14 days and close...
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Chris I never had problems up in Inverness until a week ago ish when I noticed loss at peek times and got similar TBB speeds results after checking.  Every single time I had slow speeds I was on a BNG.  Currently on ptn-ag03 which I do not want to be dropped off which a fault report would trigger as it is working fine.
If on a BNG gateway I see no issues at all during the day, but come 8pm to about 1am I will get 3-5% loss and speeds down around 4-7mbit verses my normal 30mbit.  If not on a BNG I might see a drop in speed to 28mbit at peek times which is to be expected and no loss.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
chrcoluk
Grafter

ok I respect we dont want other issues mixed up so I wont ask people to post here if it looks like their issue is something else.
Please give an update asap Chris or Matt.
rachann
Hooked

And it starts again!!!
Normal Speed 
Speed now 

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
3.22 Mbps

0 Mbps 77.42 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 3.22 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-77.42 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 77.42 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
3.86 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 3.86Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.
If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.