Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant stay in cant get out the slow brordband saga :(

thepurseys
Grafter

cant stay in cant get out the slow brordband saga :(

im broken and tied

ever since i have moved (same exchange and cabinet) i have had major issues with both plus net and my line

originally i had a lovely fast reliable connection then it started

moved not far from my original residence but no sir you cant have fiber as its not available in your cabinet?  you cant have your original line but you keep your original number and go onto std broardband. i had issues with dropping out and slow speeds even for normal broardband .

loads of calls with the usual half hour minimum to plusnet to try and resolve the issue and after shouting and stomping my feet after months plusnet reluctantly send out a bt engineer.

"your problem is your line isn't great why don't you get fiber there is space in the cabinet?" i could have screamed

back to plus net "no its not available" more grief with plusnet more half hour on holds 😞 threatened to leave and all of a sudden you can have fiber sir but not as cheap as you had it, but as you had issues we will give you a reduced rate for 6 months or you can wave your line saver rental worth £130 good by so i had little choice but to go for fiber.

faster but no way as fast as i had or as it should be or as quoted with disconnections? bt line checked line again say "its poor and even though its new , the cabinet is also overcrowded and top that with capping he adds your going to have issues"  no kidding!

i got to the point where i was spending 4-5h listening to bad overloud music waiting for a plusnet advisor to become available  a week and just gave up as it was driving me insane

i have had enough now my pre paid line rental and intro offer has ran out and im paying £22 a month more for a connection that isn't fast enough to stream video (can do via a mobile connection) and is 29gb slower than my original connection at my old property on the same exchange and cabinet. i have been through everything and setting possible (wifi,wired,internal wiring,passwords,new routers,settings,etc)

i have had enough, im sick of the half hour on hold every time i call plusnet for anything and they are not interested in getting my line fixed i take it must be coming out of their pocket for bt engineers and repairs

its not my internal extension wiring i had it all checked and tested and even all disconnected including the phone. i just want to leave without having £90+ for the privilege and ditch the bt line completely and use a mobile based internet connection. i checked it all out its stable, faster more consistent and cheaper too

plusnet please, please, please let me escape without charging me the earth i have had enough already Cry

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: cant stay in cant get out the slow brordband saga :(

@thepurseys wrote:

ever since i have moved

Was this quite a few months ago or is this regarding a different account?

@thepurseys wrote:
you cant have fiber as its not available in your cabinet?....
bt engineer.

"your problem is your line isn't great why don't you get fiber there is space in the cabinet?" i could have screamed

back to plus net "no its not available" more grief with plusnet more half hour on holds 😞 threatened to leave and all of a sudden you can have fiber sir but not as cheap as you had it, but as you had issues we will give you a reduced rate for 6 months or you can wave your line saver rental worth £130 good by so i had little choice but to go for fiber.

It's quite possible fibre wasn't available (Or at the very least there was no capacity) when you initially requested the house move.

The engineer may have advised the cabinet was enabled for fibre, however it may have been at capacity which would explain why we would have said you couldn't upgrade at the time.

Looking at the order we placed for fibre, it spent just over 1 month on the waiting list as there was no capacity at the cabinet for a new connections when we initially placed the order to upgrade the connection.

@thepurseys wrote:

faster but no way as fast as i had

Given the estimates for fibre on your line are 16.5Mbps to 24Mbps download, it wouldn't surprise me if the line at your previous address was capable of higher speeds, as the current speeds are far from the maximum capability for the actual technology, however your line should perform (sync) within the estimated speeds shown on http://dslchecker.bt.com

Checking the connection, the sync speeds do seem a little low (12.8Mbps).

Looking over the ticket history on your account, no faults have been raised since the fault that was raised when back on ADSL broadband prior to the upgrade to fibre.

If you've already been through the troubleshooting steps on our website, I'd recommend raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net so we can actually investigate the low sync speeds further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
thepurseys
Grafter

Personally I don't have the will power to spend hours on hold waiting to be answered when I call, be respectively asked to do the same things over and over again with no results! originally I could not get my adsl connection to work because I was still on a fibre line that had not been used for 3 months.

I dred having to contact plusnet now. You're customer service is over loaded your staff are plesent enough if you can get through to someone or the right person in the first place. As a customer that has been with you quite a few years now I can honestly say that plusnet has gone down the pan.
I gave up a long time ago trying to get my line sorted and resigned to what I had. Ps quoted line speed must have been a good day or middle of the night even
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Personally I don't have the will power to spend hours on hold waiting to be answered when I call,

You don't need to call? Use the links at the bottom of Harry's response and that reports the fault through.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.