cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cabinet full

philto
Grafter

cabinet full

tried to order fibre no joy cabinet full  was sold out in 2 hrs plus net did not mail me like they said they would .
been waiting three years for fibre , so they made me proud as said in the ad  , that I will have to carry on with the fantastic 900kbs they supply me . don't use it all at once .
32 REPLIES 32
mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: cabinet full

if it sold out in 2 hours then the likelihood of Plusnet being able to confirm your cab as active and then send you an email is very unlikely...
and 'm sure it's not full, just needs further capacity added... is this cabinet part of a council rollout scheme, might be worth emailing them and asking if there is any upgrades planned!
ChrisWoods
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: philto
tried to order fibre no joy cabinet full  was sold out in 2 hrs plus net did not mail me like they said they would .
been waiting three years for fibre , so they made me proud as said in the ad  , that I will have to carry on with the fantastic 900kbs they supply me . don't use it all at once .

Very unlucky. Sounds like Openreach have done a pisspoor job in your area. But if PN rely on the same availability services as all other BT resellers do, you can't really blame them for not doing minute-by-minute availability checks. They likely only run an automated check once a night (or even once a week, if that) to promote new services to existing customers. I checked the Openreach Superfast checker several times a day for six months until it suddenly showed me as being able to get it on my cabinet.
philto
Grafter

Bt manage to tell their customers via mail and plus net is part of bt got a satellite company coming at weekend to survey possible install can't deal much longer with  900 kbs if it works out i willbin all I get from plus net it's not about cost it's the speed I need
mlmclaren
Grafter

Have you even tried finding out more information about local fibre optic availability from Openreach or Council?Huh
Good luck with Satellite, might get your speed up to about 20meg but for the rise in speed you will more than likely see a performance drop compared to a fixed line... I suppose it depends on what you need the connection for though  Undecided
What does this link say when you enter your phone number?? https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html
philto
Grafter

I have contacted my mp again and my local  ward candidate BT/open reach useless  there are around 300 houses in the area all getting around 1 meg they all come out of the same cabinet it's not rocket science to work out most are going to go for fibre and each year the line cost goes up but not the speed ,  plus net are not bothered as long as they are paid each month
mlmclaren
Grafter

Thats just how it is... is there any Virgin Media network nearby and is your house new build?
ChrisWoods
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: philto
I have contacted my mp again and my local  ward candidate BT/open reach useless  there are around 300 houses in the area all getting around 1 meg they all come out of the same cabinet it's not rocket science to work out most are going to go for fibre and each year the line cost goes up but not the speed ,  plus net are not bothered as long as they are paid each month

That's called payment for services rendered. I had a shockingly bad connection before I got fibre but I still had to pay the same as someone on the same package with a shorter line. Wink
Not considered switching to a provider where the broadband's bundled in with the line rental?
philto
Grafter

There is only sky and maybe talk talk but I use my own router (draytek) sky and talk talk will not let me use it  could go down the line service is not fit for purpose  maybe
mlmclaren
Grafter

TalkTalk will allow you to use your own router !
philto
Grafter

Thanks for the info regarding talk talk
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

In my experience, typically a cabinet is given a commission date for when it starts accepting orders, and then they'd start accepting them from midnight that morning.
Out of interest, how do you know that it sold out in two hours? I'm also somewhat interested in how many ports we commissioned to be sold in two hours.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
philto
Grafter

i know some engineers that work for bt through work there was not enough ports fitted to cope with demand complaints have
gone in to open reach via email we are being told now it could be next year before they
get around to sorting this mess out .not good enough this has been delayed every 6months for the past 2.5yrs ah well
philto
Grafter

hi matty not enough mate i am stuck now with plusnet supplying me 900kbs thanks
philto
Grafter

matty the date was 14 oct but bt sent customers of theirs a mail 2 weeks ago
to apply last week so we would have never know so 4 of my neighbours have high speed as bt customers and me as a
plusnet customer has not .