cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bye bye

stuzip
Hooked

bye bye

well its come to the point of no return got another provider had enough and leaving after plusnet could not resolve the lowered speeds after a upgrade to fibre extra went from 22mb to 16mb download speeds and plusnet doing nothing so its good bye from a very unhappy soon to be excustomer and good luck to everybody with a problem you are going to need it.

10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: bye bye

Reading your previous posts you've done nothing to help yourself either, raising a fault and getting an engineer was recommended but you chose not to do this.

If it's a problem with the line moving ISP won't help, and you might find other customer service is worse.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
stuzip
Hooked

yes I refused the engineer my reason is my line was not touched only things that was done was in the exchange and at plusnets end 1 minute on fibre speeds of 22mbs then upgraded to fibre extra speeds as of this morning 16.42 mbs told by plusnet they had tweaked a few settings there end and the speeds would go back up and instead they dropped off a bit more .I can not possible see a system that as worked since 2014 suddenly be come faulty after a exchange controlled upgrade .no openreach visit to my home or to the pole outside my home just the exchange . also as for customer service I will take my chances can not get any worse .you say you have had enough and are going to leave and instead of trying to sort it they close the problem so it is clear to they are not that bothered for my custom.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stuzip - Well to be fair there is the weather to contend with, water ingress in to overhead or under ground wires, heat and cold expansion and contraction of the same and applicable hardware. There are many, many ways your line can develop a fault without anyone's intervention.

If you've not signed anything it may well be worth your while getting the engineer out, because if there is a fault that fault will still exist with another provider.

stuzip
Hooked

yes I will agree with everything you said but I still find it strange that on fibre speed test showed 21.68 checked just 10 minutes before speaking to plusnet to upgrade to fibre extra then had email to say upgrade complete reset router ran speed test down to 19.36 phoned plusnet they looked into it said there was some settings at there end which where wrong said everything was fine ran speed test  only to find down to 16.86 so my thinking is some one at plusnet not doing it right because monday they said they had adjusted the settings at there end yet again but still no increase in speed just another drop only slight but still a drop so now you can see way all my faith in plusnet as gone

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry to hear it has come to this. A bit of a shame as we really want to resolve the issue for you by getting the fault raised.

Let us know if there's anything further we can do, and wishing you all the best with your new provider.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stuzip - Well that's not good I have to admit, but are these speed test results consistent across various speed test sites? Have your tried fast.com? But as I said before if you've not signed any contracts yet at least give PN the chance and get the engineer out, what have you got to lose?

stuzip
Hooked

£50 lol had 1 or 2 openreach  engineers out when  I was with sky 1 wanted me to say if asked there was a fault with the master socket and he had changed it which he had not and 1 which asked me to say there was a buzzing on the line which he cleared all to keep there fault finding and fixing score high other wise they are reviewed on poor results so if I am liable to a possible cost would you trust them to be honest I will not tar all openreach the same but maybe 3 time unlucky. nothing written in stone yet not even had a change over date yet but not convinced plusnet can sort it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry but you're really shooting yourself in the foot here. You're confident that there is no fault on your side so that only leaves BT kit, so you won't get charged. It's that simple. As regards the engineers I can't comment, but as you say not all engineers have been tarred with the same brush. It's got to be worth a punt, and a lot less grief than changing supplier. If you've been with PN for some time and the service has been good then give credit where it's due and let them (via BT) to try and resolve it.

If you're adamant you're leaving then shut the door on the way out.

stuzip
Hooked

cheers the doors shut

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.

this thread is now closed.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'