cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

btw speed test

robbiecollie
Grafter

btw speed test

BTW speed test is constantly showing zero download speeds has anyone experienced this problem

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: btw speed test

That sounds odd, have you tried any other speedtesters?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
robbiecollie
Grafter

Yes have tried other speed tests (Speedtest.net & Thinkbroad)they both function correctly  

tiffy
Rising Star

Hi,

I also have been experiencing issues recently with BTW speed tester when using my default browser, Firefox.
Since a few weeks ago I have noted that a warning window appears after the test is selected to the effect that Adobe Flash must be activated and this may cause slow down issues with Firefox, once accepted, the test runs.
However, the DS data speed returned is definately incorrect, much lower than my TBB desktop indicator shows during the test and much lower than other speed test sites such as TBB, they all return the correct DS data rate of approx 35 Mbps which is to expectation for my contract / line.

When I run the BTW speed test using IR11 browser the correct DS data speed results are returned every time.
Looks like the issue is with Firefox, something has changed with a recent update ?

Have not tried any other browser to date.

There is a thread regarding this issue on the kitz forum.