cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband password

Alan90
Hooked

broadband password

I've a new modem router, to get rid of the seperate modem and router combo I've got the now. So setting up the new router and signing into my Broadband wasnt working, so i reset the password to a new one (M******0@plusdsl.net one), and still i couldn't get a connection. So I plugged the old modem and router back in and it wouldn't connect (red internet light). Logged into the router and it wasn't connected to the internet, and hit upon the same problem, the broadband password wasn't right. I know its the same one i log into the members center with, and i can log into there fine with my new password. What am i doing wrong?
5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: broadband password

I would guess that one or more of the settings in your new router is wrong - but not knowing what it is can't say any more.

And now that you have changed the password in the members centre, unless you change your old router to the same, or reset it by pressing the button in the pinhole at the rear for long enough it is still set to the old password.

Alan90
Hooked

Its a tp link ac1200.

And im resetting it all the now to hope it works. I've also connected the openreach modem to a pc via an Ethernet cable and set up a connection, but that also failed. So I'm pretty sure the password isnt the same as the one to log into this on, or it take a while to update maybe?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Its the password to the member centre that needs to be in the router, which may be different to this forum.

TP link AC1200 does not help much, there should be a bit more info - which one ?

Alan90
Hooked

Archer vr400.

I'm still thinking it's the password thats the problem. Reset my old router and modem, re connected it and it had internet connection, the username was nothing like my name though. Then ut dropped out of connection.
Alan90
Hooked

It finallly wokred after a few resets. So now I've just got the one box, cable and power cable rather than two of each. I'm certain the password didnt update as quick as i would have liked it and a few resets gave it enough time to get it working. Thanks for your help though.