Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blumin 2.5ghz dropping out all the time

Chris888
Hooked

blumin 2.5ghz dropping out all the time

hiya

been here before... am supposed to renew shortly but feel like saying goodbye..

before you ask me to do a million things...ive done it all before...im a common user in all the advanced settings..

i seperated, i reset...i change channels....

half the time we can not find the 5ghz on our normal usage items. tv loses passwords all time on 5ghz...netflix is dire..

my laptop is only item using 2.5 and it drops out at least a dozen times a day..if not more..

had this a year or so back... think we had a new router then also...

i see everyone else has this issue it seems...

a. have you fixed it

b. can you fix mine again

c. will i stay...

d. driving me crazy

e. only want some decent internet...its a bit off when my £12 plus vat a month ee mobile router makes your fibre super duper broadband look pants.

all my love...chris....

ps can you tell im fed up. xx

9 REPLIES 9
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: blumin 2.5ghz dropping out all the time

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear you're having problems ☹️
I'm a bit confused as to whether your problem is with the 2.4GHz channels, 5GHz channels, or both?
Regardless, I have just pushed an update to your router that I'm hoping will help.
You'll need to power it off/back on at your side to apply it.

Let me know how it goes...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

2meplz

Yip I feel the same way...Even tried adding a TP-Link Archer AC1750 Dual Band but unfortunately I was not clever enough to set it up. My contract ends in march thank goodness, I've been putting up with this for 6 months or so and so has many more plusnet user going by the forum posts.

Good luck on the suggested fix.

Alex

Chris888
Hooked

Morning

the 2.4ghz is the worst culprit... only use on my laptop......but the 5ghz also does now and then...we notice when we are trying to use tv for internet tv etc..

been thrown off internet 3-4 times within the last hour.

your fix didnt fix.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Chris888 what exactly are the symptoms? Does the laptop completely disconnect form the Wi-Fi, or does it remain connected and return some sort of error message? Do you have to do anything to restore connectivity, or does it come back on its own accord?

Not sure whether or not this is you rebooting the router, but your physical Internet connection is dropping occasionally (grey bars below). That said - it hasn't dropped since the software update:-

sync.JPG

Checking the router logs, I can see a machine with the name DESKTOP-9CPMI0C dropped a few times around the time you stated. Is this the laptop?

Does it report having a healthy Wi-Fi signal?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Chris888
Hooked

Hi Bob

Thanks for your replies...that is the laptop yes... 

I believe i know im not connected when the small icon in the bottom right hand corner loses its wifi symbol...

when i open i have to disconnect and reconnect to get straight back on the net

dont believe it has done it tonight as yet but will keep an eye on..

many thanks for help so far Smiley unexpected and appreciated.

2meplz

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, the fix/workaround for myself was to disable the 5Ghz network in the router settings as suggested elsewhere on the forum. All my wireless devices are now on the 2.5Ghz network not ideal I know but at least they have consistent access to the network.

Alex

Chris888
Hooked

just dropped out... internet, not connected.....no net...disconnect..reconnect...im back...

so annoying... 

like i say...ee 4g router...perfick all day long in back of a salesvan..

come home... plusnet super fibre....worse....

Chris888
Hooked

2.5ghz just dropped out again... 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Chris888 wrote:

I believe i know im not connected when the small icon in the bottom right hand corner loses its wifi symbol...

Could you perhaps take a screenshot of what the icon looks like and what message is returned when you click on it? If you select Properties and scroll to the bottom of the settings page, does Windows think it's still connected? If so, to what radio - 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

wifi.jpg

when i open i have to disconnect and reconnect to get straight back on the net

Once you've reconnected and things are working, what does the above show? Does it show that you've now moved to a different radio? i.e. 2.4GHz > 5GHz or 5GHz to 2.4Ghz?

If you log into the router interface at http://192.168.1.254 and navigate to the Advanced Network Settings, does anything in the network map correlate with what you're seeing? i.e. are the affected devices on your network all of those connected to one of the two radios?

The software I pushed to your router should have resolved any issue with the 5GHz network. I'm wondering if what you're seeing now is limited solely to 2.4Ghz - and if it is - whether or not the disconnect/reconnect is actually pushing you across to the 5GHz network and that's why things spring back to life?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team