cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

been upgraded to fiber, now i cant authenticate

jimbowah

been upgraded to fiber, now i cant authenticate

hi folks, ive been on ADSL for a few months since i moved house, when the fibre cabs had been upgraded i finally got my upgrade to fibre on the 23rd.....unfortunately thats as far as ive got, i have the plusnet hub one, ive called plusnet support 3 times now and so far no joy, i have confirmed with support that my username and password are correct, they have told me there is no problems on my line.. but this is a problem with authentication and no one seems to have a clue whats going on, one of the guys i talked to on day 3 of the saga told me to switch the hub off for 65mins then try again and call back hah as if i had not tried that.

i really need someone to look at my account and fix this i have 4 kids busting my head to fix this and im getting nowhere

7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: been upgraded to fiber, now i cant authenticate

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Have you tried a factory reset on the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in the reset hole and keeping the switch closed for 30 seconds?

Can you log into the hub and see if it's in sync with the fibre cabinet? 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Have you tried setting the username and password in the router manually?

If yes, do these revert to setup@plusdsl.net ?

If this is a plusnet router ... Get the router serial number and ask support to verify that it is associated with your account.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jimbowah

Hi their , yes I have a plusnet hub the serial was check and is accociated with my account, also have entered my username and password manually many times, it just returns to the login details page and says no connection, it does seem to save the username and password when it's been entered, I tried the BT test username for the radius, no joy their either
I've also tried all this on my Netgear dm200 modem too, link shows up untill I try to connect using my name and password then the link state goes to down....thanks for the help
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I can see we've sent you some steps to try this morning.

Have you been able to do these?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jimbowah

yes done it all, still no luck, tbh ive been going round in circles with different members of support for 10 days, i was told id be called by a BT engineer but no call or visit yet, the lines been tested several times now with no problems, but my username and password will not login, one member of support changed my password and that never worked either.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like you're now back online following the engineer visit:

Everything working now as you'd expect?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet