Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation date

tomhjh
Hooked

activation date

Hi,

I ordered my fibre broadband on the 8th of June and the note on my account details said it should go live on the 16th. I know Openreach have been already as I had a conversation with their engineer on Friday (I had the router plugged in prematurely so he called me) and he'd done his bit.

Just wondering roughly when my service is likely to go live as I do rely quite a lot on internet access for work etc and I haven't received any updates at all yet. Unfortunately I'm not likely to be able to call in this week so I'm relying on webchat or forums to get an update. 

Many Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: activation date

Have you re-booted the router?

Brian

tomhjh
Hooked

Many times. It does connect to the internet, just can't get on to any websites, directs me back to the router interface all the time. Only site I can get on is the plusnet one, which indicated to me that they just haven't activated my account or whatever.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

If you can access the router interface check you connection settings, Make certain the password is the same you use to access your PlusNet account. Settings can be found here

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Brian

tomhjh
Hooked

I did try this too, if I change any of the login details it no longer connects at all

tomhjh
Hooked

all the other settings are correct

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @tomhjh,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and I've raised a ticket regarding this issue which can be viewed here advising why this is happening.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
tomhjh
Hooked

Thanks for that, I did get a message from someone saying it would be activated by midnight last night. Unfortunately I've still had no notification that it has been activated.

I also received a second call from Openreach, the second engineer that has called me in the space of 4 days. Again he said he was at the cabinet and just about to activate the line and asked me if I could turn the router on, contrary to what plusnet told me. I wasn't home so was unable to do so anyway, but he informed me he'd connected me and asked me to try turning the router on when I got home. 

I did have a brief try this morning and it seems like it's still not activated, I can connect to the internet but I'm limited to the plusnet site and the router interface, so I'm assuming I'm still waiting for plusnet to activate my account. I'm not in a desperate rush to get connected, but I've been given two dates for activation now and both have passed without any update or contact.

Thanks,

Tom

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Tom.

From what I can see your account activated on our side this morning at 06:28.

Our tests are showing your router not in sync to the cabinet. The type of result we've received indicates that the router may be switched off?

If that's not the case I'd try the checks here to rule out any internal wiring affecting your connection then report a fault to us here if you still can't connect as we'd likely need to arrange an engineer to further investigate.

What may be helpful in identifying where the problem lies is to dial 17070 from a home phone handset plugged into your master socket to determine if the phone number which is read back to you is the same phone number number we've given you. If it's not the same then there's a crossed connection somewhere along the line outside.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet