cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel FA7F 5g keeps dropping from 30+Mbps to under 10 Mbps on different devices

tamsynandchris

Zyxel FA7F 5g keeps dropping from 30+Mbps to under 10 Mbps on different devices

I regularly have issues with my Zyxel FA7F 5g connection dropping on multiple devices from 30+Mbps to under 10 Mbps.  Over the pas week this has been happening more and more often and the 5g option is sometimes disappearing as an available network to use. The Zyxel FA7F network is still available but speeds are not as good.  

The router has been restarted and reset numerous times and often fixes the issue initially but keeps recurring.

This issue is being seen on numerous devices which are using powerline adapters in the bid to provide a more stable wired connection eg a smart TV, a PS4 games console and a Windows 10 laptop, all being used in different rooms in the house.  However, the issue is not specific to these devices as our android phones and tablets often lose access to the Zyxel FA7F 5G network too.

4 REPLIES 4
Edinburgh_wg
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Zyxel FA7F 5g keeps dropping from 30+Mbps to under 10 Mbps on different devices

This is probably an issue for Zyxel to address, rather than Plusnet. However, let's wait and see what the Plusnet staff have to say. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Zyxel FA7F 5g keeps dropping from 30+Mbps to under 10 Mbps on different devices

Good morning @tamsynandchris

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection. Tests on the line aren't showing any specific faults, although line issues are being detected. A KBD has found that cross talk is detected, this can be caused by some issues at the cabinet, which is known to have an impact on both speeds and consistency of your connection. Saying that though, a this stage, we can't rule out the possibility of the issue being internal. While my tests are showing the speeds to be above those which were guaranteed, they're still rather low as opposed to what we told you to expect.

Have a quick read through our Troubleshooting Guide to see if you're able to solve the issue on your end, if not, I can see that there's an open fault Ticket on the account anyway, so let me know and I'll get it raised with our suppliers.

We'd need to arrange an engineer visit though, so let us know (on the ticket) when you'd be free. Appointments are generally from Monday to Friday. AM - 08:00 - 13:00, PM - 13:00 - 18:00

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 41.4 Mbps
Upstream Speed 5.9 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 900.1
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence ;00:00to23:45
Interference Location Customer Premise
Interference Observed In Days 0
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low
Time Stamp 2021-08-11T09:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 43.3 Mbps 43.9 Mbps 43.8 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 5.9 Mbps 6.7 Mbps 6.2 Mbps
Up Time 793.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.7 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
tamsynandchris

Thanks for your response Adam, I have already run through the troubleshooting steps, to no avail, but will do so again and get back to you.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Great stuff @tamsynandchris Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds