Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom and Microsoft Teams

dartilov
Grafter

Re: Zoom and Microsoft Teams

Thanks for the reply.

I am assuming your comment, which is correct, that I have a BT Openreach modem, means that switching it to access point mode is not going to be the right thing to do.

What about the other suggestions?

Something is causing the issue as a video conference on 4G is fine, as soon as I use the internet be it wired or wireless the freezing happens instantly.  I can't seem to find what.

though.

dartilov
Grafter

Thanks for taking the time to reply again.

I don't have a BT Hub bit I have an ECI BT Openreach Modem so I don't think I can switch it to an access point can I?

Therefore the QoS will need to remain, I take it.

I will try the DoS, if not the other two.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Therefore the QoS will need to remain, I take it.

@dartilov no, it doesnt, not all routers support it and enabling it can cause throughput degradation on many routers.  I would suggest that the first thing, as @Edinburgh_wg suggested, is to disable QoS and see if the situation improves.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@dartilov wrote:

I don't have a BT Hub bit I have an ECI BT Openreach Modem so I don't think I can switch it to an access point can I?

No you can't.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Edinburgh_wg
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You're switching the Archer to the Access Point mode, not your Openreach or BT modem!

QoS still stands to try out. 

I don't understand your point with 4G. You didn't tell us what you're connecting to 4G? Your phone? If so, what is it meant to prove? That Whatsapp is working? 

If your router/modem is being connected to 4G, then how are you connecting it? Are you using a dongle? 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@Edinburgh_wg 

You can’t connect an Access Point to a Modem. You need a router. The only router the OP has is the Archer in Router mode.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Edinburgh_wg
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Maybe so, but OP is so cryptic about everything that is difficult to know what the set-up is. 

No harm trying the Access Point mode, is there?

dartilov
Grafter

Thanks for taking the time to reply again.  I am surprised you say I am so cryptic as it is not intended to be.  Perhaps on a help forum you may have also asked a better question to enable a better answer from me and as someone else has already said I was pretty clear about the ECI BT Open Reach modem.

The 4G issue was using a video conferencing call on a mobile 4G (Vodafone) network as opposed to the wifi to establish that no freezing was occurring, which it didn't.

dartilov
Grafter

Good evening

Yes, the access point is certainly not the right mode.

I have tried disabling things and testing but to no avail sadly.  The loss on a speedtest is nearly 40 - 50% at times, therefore no wonder i am freezing.

I am now unsure what the issue is except it may be better just to go back to the old router and see if that sorts it.