cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom/Google Meets Problems

liannemc

Zoom/Google Meets Problems

Hi,

I'm a teacher so require to be able to have constant video lessons on Google Meets. However when I try and screen share (a setting in the program) it loses connection.

I seem to be the only teacher in our school that has this problem. I have also noticed that my internet connection freezes and runs extremely slow whenever someone in either the Zoom meeting/Google Meet shares their screen. I have tried with both a Chromebook and a Windows 10 laptop and I have this issue. It doesn't seem to matter if there is one or twenty people in the chat, and I have tried various times throughout the day and on both programs.

It also tends to run quite slowly and can be quite jittery and it definitely lags. I have Fibre broadband and I am not sure of my estimated or guaranteed speed as it says 'not available' on the welcome email. I did the BT basic speed test and it is recording a download speed of 39.94mbps and upload of 9.2mbps so I find it hard to believe that it is due to the speed of my internet.

Is there a setting on the hub manager that might affect this? I just find it so strange that it is a constant problem on two different programs on 2 different devices.

I have had internet with plusnet for over two years and this is the first time I have encountered any problem.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer,

Lianne