Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero upload speed (2021)

FIXED
subminiature
Fixes: 1

Zero upload speed (2021)

I have had issues with connecting to web pages (not connecting, timing out, 404) but can then access them on the third or fourth attempt. Facebook Chat always declares no internet. I can't upload video and any image has to be much scales down to upload. Video calls don't connect. On checking broadband speed I now get

17 ms 35.77 Mb/s 0.00 Mb/s

This is zero upload. Download is as expected. I have had the equipment installed for years. I have tried different Ethernet cable, different Ethernet ports on my Netgear N600 router. 
I can transfer to and from a back up store large amounts of data - so the Ethernet cables and device drivers all work okay.
Plusnet checked the line and got nearly 10Mb/s upload. Contacted BT over something spotted and cleared that issue and confirm 40 download and 9.9 upload. 
The broadband tests still report zero upload on my computer. 

Wi-fi on my tablet gives
14ms, 35.27Mb/s and 8.03Mb/s 
2nd PC via Ethernet to same router
<1ms, 43,05 12.73
So it is not the line, cables, router, modem but something on my desktop computer. Network settings on both PCs are the same. 

I have gone through searches for this problem but none are on a computer that does not work where the internet does on other pcs and solutions refer to the line coming in. Most are not resolved or suggest a fix via menus and buttons not on my Windows 10 control panel / Setting for networks.

Rebuilding the PC is possible but this is the one with all the software I use and would take weeks of downtime to get fixed back up and never get to where it is now. It is also possible that would not fix the problem.  Win 10 and all drivers are up to date. 

Any further suggestions or links to potential means of investigating further are welcome.

1 REPLY 1
subminiature
Fixes: 1

Re: Zero upload speed (2021)

Fix

A solution - at the moment. Changed Proxy to Google, rebooted. Cleared out registry and set proxy to automatic. Now working.