cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube Issue

nigel1971
Grafter

Youtube Issue

I'm having an issue and although sometimes it can be other sites not loading properly but youtube i find the culprit on a lot of occasions. I can load the site up pretty quick but clicking a video it takes ages to load and play with the cog wheel in the middle going round for ages til the video plays.

Is there a way to get this to improve quick video load times?

Internet speedtest is showing ok, ping times low at 11ms, down and uploads ok but just loading times the issue of certain things.

7 REPLIES 7
K50
Dabbler

Re: Youtube Issue

Have you tried clearing your cache files?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Checks on your connection from here aren't revealing any problems.

Can you tell us what speeds you are seeing at present?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nigel1971
Grafter

Speeds as of now:

73.8mb down

18.8 mb up

Ping 11ms

Speeds look fine on that but loading videos on youtube take a while and not pretty much instant.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Did you try clearing your browser cache?

It might be worthwhile clearing out any temporary files as well. Microsoft have a pretty decent guide around this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/delete-files-using-disk-cleanup#delete-files-using-disk-c...

khile
Grafter

i too experience this on many occasions and can be any time thou out the day 

ive tried clearing cache, restarting router and running a deep malware scan to make sure nothing was hijacking connection.

ive also experienced slow issues on Facebook and gmail 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well for what is may or may not be worth I was having issues with my internal LAN with my Mac dropping its connection, most noticeable on streaming site, like youtube, I did think at one point it may have been the TP-Link PowerLine Adapter I was using so I ran an ethernet cable to the cabinet, but this didn't work as I'd hoped.

I then looked at the configuration of the switch and noticed that the flow control and duplex weren't set correctly (after a previous system reset) so I changed the Duplex and Flow control back to auto and I've not had an issue since. I know you may not have a managed switch but it might be worthwhile checking these parameters on your network card.

Get the properties of your network card on screen and there you will see a Configure button click the Advanced tab and from the property list look for ‘Flow Control’ set this to Rx & Tx Enabled, then look for ‘Link Speed & Duplex’ and set this to Auto Negotiation’, click OK to apply these changes.

For my card you'll see the Flow Control highlighted and six entries below that you'll see the 'Link Speed & Duplex'

NIC.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nigel1971 - Did you try this and or has your issue been resolved?