cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now

freezey
Dabbler

Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now

Does anyone know how to get an honest estimate from BT on when or if they'll do an upgrade?  I.e. not just something they've been told to read from a script  to placate customers?

I've been chasing them for almost a year and now I'm confident that my cabinet will never be upgraded.  It's just not economically viable for them to do it.  All my neighbours have fibre so there's no demand to justify the expense, other than me.

If I could get them to give an honest answer I'd bite the bullet and invest in much more expensive alternatives but I don't want to do that until I know they're lying when they keep giving 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 month estimates.

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now

Was the cabinet enabled as part of BT's commercial roll out or part of the BDUK scheme?

If it was BDUK it may be worth contacting them to see if they can advise.

Alternatively hope that someone moves out so a port gets freed up Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
freezey
Dabbler

Re: Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now

I don't know for sure but since I live in a suburban town I'd imagine it was BT rather than BDUK who upgraded the cabinet for fibre.

I've tried to get myself onto a waiting list but there doesn't seem to be an official one, it's all just call centre people promising to "keep an eye on it" for me.