Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can depend on BT...

slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You can depend on BT...

...to break it Smiley
OK so my connection and ping times have been rock solid for over 2 months (pic 1), I saw the BT guy up the post and my first thoughts were "Oh no, I bet he fucks something up", I thought I'd take a pic just in case anything went wrong and they say they haven't done anything!!!
As expected connection just went down  ::), speeds are still OK, but my ip profile has been set lower and my ping times in game have gone from a brillant 12 to a still good 17...but 12 is better Smiley
Just a quick question: Will the DLM thingy get me back to where I was in the next few days once it knows my line is stable or will I be staying with the lower profile and slightly higher pings?
I can live with what I have and I'm not moaning, just curious  Wink
Thanks
jim:red Avoidance of swear filter removed mod:end
3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: You can depend on BT...

I'd like you to monitor this for a little while. I'm hoping that it corrects itself. We cannot make manual changes from our side I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
sjptd
Grafter

It used typically to take DLM about three weeks to recover.  I have heard it is often much quicker now, maybe a few days.
Good luck, and do report back when (if) it does recover.
It is worth rebooting (or disconnecting/reconnecting) the router (NOT the modem) each morning meanwhile.  Sometimes DLM improves things and forces an overnight faster resync of the modem-cabinet connection, but it all happens fast enough that the router does not notice the dropped connection and does not redo the PPPoE connection.  In that case you can end up with a 'stale' profile so the lower level connection is fast but you still don't get the speed.  I think the ping should improve anyway as soon as the lower level is resynced; so maybe you can use a lowered ping as a signal to disconnect/reconnect the router.
slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

OK thanks guys Smiley