cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You Tube App Slow?

Lectrician

You Tube App Slow?

I am finding the YouTube app on my iPad is running slow.  It is constantly buffering, the quality becomes pixalised, and is generally unwatchable.
Is YouTube traffic shaped at all?  I have been told it gets given low priority?
Speed tests show my line is giving an excellent 75M.  Other downloads and browsing are fine.  It just seems to be YouTube?
Cheers.
4 REPLIES 4
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: You Tube App Slow?

youtube for me on desktop runs fine even when using 1080p quality.
i suspect it's your wifi that is the root of the problem.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There are no rate limits on our current products so there shouldn't be any issues using services such as YouTube. Streaming is in one of the higher priority queues too.
Do you have any other devices you can test YouTube on to see if you get the same problem?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Lectrician

Thanks.
I can test the speed on the iPad, and get 35-40M, what I would expect from the WiFi given the line is 75-80M.  I am however getting a second Access Point to put in the Lounge, as the one I use currently have does give full signal on the iPads, but is only G, not N..
I must admit, I've not tried YouTube on the PC or Laptop recently.
Cheers.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can you come back and let us know how the performance is once you've had the second access point put in? It'd be interesting to see if your still having similar issues.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.