cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

York fibre down

rustydreamcast

York fibre down

Anyone know if the floods have affected the exchange in York as my internet connection is down phone is OK
8 REPLIES 8
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: York fibre down

I believe it has unfortunately caused loss of services across York, for ADSL, FTTC and Phone in some areas.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

From the BBC News live updates:
BT working 'flat out' to restore phones
Posted at 12:20
Engineers for BT are working "flat out" to restore phone and broadband services across Yorkshire and the North East after flooding damaged the York BT exchange.
A spokesman said: "Severe flooding in the Yorkshire area has resulted in the loss of some phone and broadband services.
"The York BT exchange has been damaged by flood water and Openreach engineers are currently repairing damage to the building’s power supply. 
"Our engineers are working flat out to restore services as soon as possible and we’re sorry for the inconvenience caused."
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rustydreamcast

Wonder how long it will take I know I should be thankful that I'm not flooded out as well but its stopping me working
NedLudd
Grafter

Our fibre, in Wigginton, came back up at 9:00pm after being down about 25 hours!   Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
IObject

Lost internet, on fibre plus , and also unable to make phone calls even 1471 but did have a dial tone, also no mobile signal.  Problems from  yesterday around 8 pm give or take a couple of hours. Noticed around 7 pm today that the internet was working again.  Just checked the phone, 1471 working, and mobiles now got 4 bars of signal. Smiley
A big thank you to all those sorting out problems at the York exchange.
GeordieMark
Grafter

Apparently it took out the 101 service as well as hospitals in the area
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/flooding-york-cuts-north-east-10658579
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: rustydreamcast
Anyone know if the floods have affected the exchange in York as my internet connection is down phone is OK

Are you on cabinet 129? There is a loss of communication to the fibre cabinet and access is not possible at the moment (according to today's midday update).
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I really feel for everyone affected by the floods - just stay safe folks.
I'm not at all surprised BT have problems as most of the ducts and cables are underground. I don't know what grade of waterproof some the kit is but they seem to have done well to get many circuits working again so soon.