Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another PS customer with very slow fibre speed

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Yet another PS customer with very slow fibre speed

The 19th was simply a review date given to us by our suppliers, to check if capacity had been restored. It was not an estimated completion date.
Essentially we've received an update earlier than expected and it's good news.
I apologise if the current situation hasn't been explained to you clearly, however the most recent update is actually that your order is no longer waiting and has an appointment booked in for 25/02/15 between 8am and 1pm. Our suppliers have simply pushed this appointment through to us as the earliest available date.
I hope it all goes well for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Juliaridge
Dabbler

I was given an original appointment date for 29 January, now I am being informed that nothing is going to happen until 25 February, which is nearly a month later.  If there was not capacity why was I given a date in January and informed via email that this was completed?  The forum is more responsive and informative than emails from PlusNet!! Sad
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Looks like availabilty for fibre keeps changing in your area and can't keep up with demand. I think BT's database of fibre availabilty lags well behind actual availabilty so you will have now been allocated a fibre circuit  that perhaps another subscriber  has cancelled. It's unlikely that BT will have installed extra capacity in the short timescale you  have been waiting!
Juliaridge
Dabbler

Most recent update from PlusNet appointment booked in for 25/02/15 between 8am and 1pm. fingers and everything else crossed.
Juliaridge
Dabbler

BT Man connected me to my fibre at cab this morning 1030, then came to house, changes old BT master socket, test system. Router connect directly into master BT filtered socket via CAT 5 cable.
Reconnected to internet ran speed test  through day lastest 25/02/16 1453 hrs, ping 16ms. download now 2.72 mb upload 1.73  even tested whilst connecting laptop directly via Ethernet cable, interesting as I should be on 40 mb fibre package????? I was told that it can take up to 10 days for it to speed up!!!!!!!!
Is there anyting that I should do? re boot router etc.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Juliaridge
There is no 10 day training period for FTTC (that is only on ADSL)
What does the Plusnet line speed show at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
This may not have been set to the correct speed yet.
If it is not showing the faster FTTC speeds then phone or chat with Plusnet and ask them to correct it.
Once Plusnet correct this value, or if it is showing the correct faster speeds then log into the router, click "disconnect", wait a minute and then click "connect"
And speed test the results via Ethernet cable again.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Juliaridge
Dabbler

Clicked on supplied link:
Telephone number:01752 xxxxxx Phone exchange:CROWNHILL  estimated line speed:74Mb (This may vary between 54.6Mb and 74Mb)  - Checked on 2016-01-31 22:27:08 Current line speed:4 Mb.  This seems to be the last time PlusNet checked my speed etc.
I have added further details ( as per above) to my question to my ticket number in response to PlusNet answer stating that my original question which was raised 31/01/2016 is now on hold until Friday 26 Feb 2016 7am. 
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@juliaridge
So the line speed is set to 4Mbps so if you want it to be sorted out quickly then you should phone/chat with Plusnet. It takes the staff about 30 seconds to do.

This forum is called a community forum so Plusnet staff may not see this thread and there is definitely no guarantee that they will pick it up from here.

At the end of the day, it you are happy to wait for Plusnet staff to take a look at the issue on the ticket when they get around to it, good for you. For me, I'd have been on the phone as soon as I saw that speed.

Didn't mean this to sound harsh, just want to point out the reality of the Plusnet forums and support mechanisms.
Edit to add last line.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Juliaridge
Dabbler

Thank You for the above comments:
Firstly I have no other devices coming off the router so no problems with PS4 games consoles etc.
Second I have tried on several occasions to telephone PlusNet having to wait up to over 1 hour to get no answers,  timed out as it took me over 8pm!
Had emails sent directly to my email accounts  last one stating my current ticket will be looked at again Friday 26 Feb at 7am, this has passed and still no outcome.
In conclusion all I need is for my speed profile to be altered from standard broadband to the 40 mgb fibre, not rocket science.
I am also aware that from my forum thread that PlusNet staff have been reading and replying from here.
Thetwohoughs
Grafter

I find the best time to call is 7 or 8am just before work!
The speed profile issue crops up here on a weekly basis, why Plusnet can't create a fix for it is beyond me!  Huh
dick:quote
Juliaridge
Dabbler

Had to telephone Plusnet as they had close my ticket and stated job completed when I still had not got my fibre connection.
Telephone call resulting in Adam discovering that the person who had closed the ticket and stated had changed my speed profile to fibre had not done so, Adam arranged there and then to do this and within 10 mins all sorted now getting 37.5 mgb download I said it was not rocket science PlusNet  just need better communications between themselves and customers.