Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another PS customer with very slow fibre speed

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Yet another PS customer with very slow fibre speed

It's also possible to log into the Hub One and find some details about the line speed and if it's ADSL (G.992.1) or, for FTTC, it should be on VDSL2 (G.993.2) - see here.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can you please provide the results of this link which will give us a much better idea as to what has happened http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do
Juliaridge
Dabbler

Just check router ip details 192.168.1.xxx and it states
under Advance settings-
Broadband-
Connections-
DSL Line Status
Line State Connected
Downstream  4.594 Mbps
Upstream        443 Kbps
So it would appear that is the max that I am getting into Router?
So where is my available 54.6 - 74 Mbps speed or 19 - 21 Mbps my providers (Plusnet) stated speed?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If you had provided the IP profile information earlier  it would have confirmed my supposition - you are not yet on fibre
Juliaridge
Dabbler

Oldjim
Im just one of those people that like to learn things, by logging into my router I have discovered  lots of further options once I am on fibre has been provided,  I also value very much the skills and knowledge of others.  So it looks like Plusnet have not switched on/altered my speed profile, hope they are not charging me for a service that I am not getting/being provided........Any idea how long one should wait for this to be done?
Once again thanks again Oldjim and all the others for your input into my issues/problem.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Changing to fibre requires that an Openreach engineer goes to the cabinet and switches you over
Have you had notification from Plusnet of the actual date this is intended to happen
For information
Had you been on fibre the BT IP profile for the upload would have been 2Mb/s as this is unrelated to the actual sync speed and this what what I was trying to get from you
Juliaridge
Dabbler

Oldjim
Informed by Plusnet that an engineer would call  29/01/2016 am, this was followed by a em stating that I was to get the newer Hub1 router. The router arrived 28/01/2016 by post.
On the 29/01/2016 at about 1200 my non fibre broadband internet connection was disconnected, I then connected up my new router according to the paper instructions entered all the new internet router passwords onto my laptop, tablet and amazon firestick all the equipment was back on line, the only thing I had now done differently was to connect the new router into the BT master socket via a better Cat 5 cable, these 2 things should have also improved my internet speed along with much improved/faster router. No Engineer call to my home even though I had book a whole day off.
Also for the record my laptop/tablet are located no more than 8' from router, my amazon firestick 6' from router in direct line of sight, no obstructions.
We live in a detached house neighbors have no young children ( so no baby monitors) no teenagers within 1000 yrds so no gamers, lucky me!.
So should have a Plusnet engineer called to my house to confirm switch over and that the new router was set up correctly? 
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The engineer isn't from Plusnet but from BT Openreach and as it was presumably a self install he wouldn't call at the house
Something has gone wrong - what I don't know but perhaps staff can help on Monday
In the meantime please provide the results from the BT IP profile as I asked before just so we are absolutely certain that you aren't on fibre
Juliaridge
Dabbler

Update from Plusnet not too good:
Your order is still on the waiters list. Review On 19-Feb-2016
Your order has been placed in the waiters list. Review On 04-Feb-2016
This suggests there's no capacity at your cabinet.
I'll put some notes on your fault ticket, but I doubt there's much we can do until the order comes off the waiting list 
Bob PullenPlusnet Products TeamPlusnet YouTube Help VideosOur network :: Our Awards :: Service Status
So it looks like Im stuck with 3mbps download speed whilst paying for 40 mbps service for a month. looks like a claim for compensation is in order.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If you are not getting the service you are paying for due  to delays, errors or mistakes by  PN or their suppliers then you are entitled to ask for & receive  a refund of any fee for the time you were not able to use the service  ...  That is the norm . 
I would also think  a gesture of goodwill to make up for the inconvenience  would be approropriate ..  (ISP's throw hands up in horror at the term "compensation" )
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Plusnet standard practice is to refund the difference once the problem is fixed - in this case actually getting fibre
Juliaridge
Dabbler

Hi
Julia here,  well its the 4/2/16  ticket stated my report was escalated to this date, guess what still no fibre............. now 7 days into my cancellation period!!!!!!!!
djtoastie
Grafter

Quote from: Juliaridge
Just check router ip details 192.168.1.xxx and it states
under Advance settings-
Broadband-
Connections-
DSL Line Status
Line State Connected
Downstream  4.594 Mbps
Upstream        443 Kbps
So it would appear that is the max that I am getting into Router?
So where is my available 54.6 - 74 Mbps speed or 19 - 21 Mbps my providers (Plusnet) stated speed?

Shouldnt the connection be stated as FIBRE not DSL or ADSL?
I guess you have the router set up for fibre?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi Julia,
Unfortunately the most recent update from our suppliers advises us to review the order after 19/02/16 for updates.
Your order is still on the waiters list due to fibre capacity in your area and I have responded to the ticket on your account.
Thanks for your patience with this, our provisioning team should be back in touch once we have more information from our suppliers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Juliaridge
Dabbler

Another up date from PlusNet now not the 19/2/16 but escalated to 25/2/16 am, watch this space....... Embarrassed