cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another 'Happy Customer' with plummeting Linespeeds (Thanks Openreach)

AArdvark
Grafter

Re: Yet another 'Happy Customer' with plummeting Linespeeds (Thanks Openreach)

Anotherone,

Yes, there is an open fault ticket, as we speak.

ADDENDUM:

I have already waited 10+ Days before raising the fault Ticket to allow for DLM possibly fixing the problem.

It did not change the sync at all.

At 31-03-2016 13:20 local time (+/- 1 minute) the router re-synced and the speed dropped to 60000/20000 from 66999/20000.

It has been at that speed since

The latest GEA Test on the line shows:

Voice Line Test Result Pass

Bridge Tap Not Detected

Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected

Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected

Cross Talk Not Detected

Estimated Line Length In Metres 463.2

Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good

Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable

Interference Pattern Not Detected

Service Impact No Impact Observed

Home Wiring Problem Not Detected

I am now waiting a further 5 days to see if DLM (???) re-syncs the line somewhere near the speed it should be capable of.

[I am following the suggested '10 Day' settling in period for DLM(???), after the Linecard [Voice] has been changed on my line at the Exchange.]

Max Attainable has increased on the line but I am still capped at 60000/20000.

The only thing DLM(???) has done is the remove G.INP off the upstream.

I am not asking for the impossible, I was getting, for many months, 66999 on a line that had a faulty Linecard before DLM(???) dropped it to 60000/20000. I would expect that I should be able to get at least 66999 now the fault has been fixed. !!!

The problem is the disconnect between work that BT does on the Voice side and the work that BTO does for 'Broadband'.

I think it is reasonable that anything that impacts the physical line should automatically generate a DLM Reset to allow DLM to re-assess the line performance for the 'New' physical state of the line.

Apparently BTO do not think this makes sense and it does not happen, yet if a 'Pair Swap' is performed by BTO the DLM Reset is requested as a matter of course.[Based on previous work on the line that resulted in a 'Pair Swap'.]

From what I know/prior work on my line, DLM can, sometimes, get into a state where the sync is 'locked/capped' on the basis of a previous faulty state of the line and does not improve when the line improves.

DLM Reset is the thing that breaks the lock and allows the line to be re-assessed by DLM, just like the 1st 10/14 days after a new line install.

In my case the previous 66999/20000 sync was a cap and now I am on a 60000/20000 sync which is also a cap.

In all these cases the Max Attainable was 71xxxx+, in fact, now has increased to 72xxxx+ after the voice line fix.

This is a big hint that the line is capable of performing better than the sync rate I have been getting.

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Yet another 'Happy Customer' with plummeting Linespeeds (Thanks Openreach)

Cross Talk Not Detected

Well that seems to put that to bed. How very odd..and annoying.