cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Years of fibre broadband faults. Yet another one. Lack of capacity on lines poss reason.

jbs
Dabbler

Years of fibre broadband faults. Yet another one. Lack of capacity on lines poss reason.

Ok. Deep breath.  I am very cross and need answers. 

For years I have experienced constant problems with the quality of my fibre broadband service.

numerous engineer visits. Seldom a fault found. Did have a faulty telephone line once- it was immediately dealt with by BTOpenresch.  Rest of the times my line is "cleared" service resumes, then slowly but surely I get loss of connection. Lasting approx 5-10 mins as the line reconnects.  These events increase in number as time goes on. Then I get fobbed off with yet another engineer, and so it goes....on and on...

now it's been suggested there is no fault.. rather there is a lack of capacity on the system and these disconnections are part of the service they offer!

i wish to complain, officially.  

I want the service I've paid for, rather than the substandard one that is provided.  I would welcome advice on how to achieve this.

jennie

5 REPLIES 5
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Years of fibre broadband faults. Yet another one. Lack of capacity on lines poss reason.

To raise a formal complaint use this link

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jbs
Dabbler

Re: Years of fibre broadband faults. Yet another one. Lack of capacity on lines poss reason.

Tried raising a complaint. One of the links failed to work. Finally came across a way to raise a complaint another way, now cannot remember how I did it! Filled in the questionnaire clicked submit, it failed to send! 

How on earth does anyone get through?!

jbs
Dabbler

Had another go at the link. I'm persistent 😀 Got a confirmation email this time so await response.

interstingly, once again, fault has not occurred since raising the matter and wishing to complain. As indeed it did last time I had to have an engineer out, who found no fault, but managed to fix the fault anyway. It's just the speed at which the fault returns is driving me crazy. So much time spent dealing with a 'fault' that now seems likely to be a capacity issue. 

jbs
Dabbler

Oh dear. Just lost service again. Reconnected about 5mins later.
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I do sympathise with you been at least 3 months for us but we have another 5 months left so if we cant get our problem sorted we will be going to another company Shame though

Best of luck

Martin

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living