Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox downloads slower than they should be

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Xbox downloads slower than they should be

Above.

I'm on the Unlimited 76 Mb p/s package, and the downloads on my current gen Xbox Series X are rather slow most of the time, I just downloaded the latest large update for CyberPunk 2077, and it's took me most of this week to download a 23 Gig patch.

I work it out that at 70 Mb, a 32.5 Gig patch should take about 330 seconds so 5 and half minutes thereabouts and it's took hours.

What gives? I know when I was on PN about 7 and half years ago the BT Engineer told me you throttle Xbox in favour of the Sony box, is this still the case?

Do you see? Cheesy
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Xbox downloads slower than they should be

PN have never throttled PSN over XBOX.
My PSN download speeds have never hit line speed - a 20GB patch for Cold War took an hour for me this morning.

Also are you using wired or wireless? That makes a difference
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
sheffpete
Rising Star

I'm also on the unlimited fibre package and was fine at first but now lucky to get 20mbps and in fact just tested and upload was better than download ! Maybe a more general fibre issue ?

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@sheffpete  Or maybe a phone line going south. Is it noisy?

As for a '32.5 Gig patch should take about 330 seconds so 5 and half minutes thereabouts'. Dream on. 😁

So many variables and you are assuming they are sending it at max speed. As for 5mins, the other night I had to download 25Gb's on a 500Mb/s connection and that took around 30mins with the server sync rate varying at times. I then found that I had another download which was only 8Gb and that took nearer 45mins as the server slowed right down at times.

Try going to download-time.com for a rough estimate of your download time, assuming everything is good and the server keeps up, you'll find your download time would be around the hour mark, not 5 minutes! There at bits and bytes.  

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?