cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Live Gaming and Fibreoptic

Mick1173
Grafter

Xbox Live Gaming and Fibreoptic

I have moved onto Fibre from Reg bb to see if it improves my online gaming/Xbox live. Has anyone done this before and has had good results with doing so ? Lower Pings etc
10 REPLIES 10
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Xbox Live Gaming and Fibreoptic

Pings are usually a bit lower on FTTC but unless you're a superhuman you probably won't notice the difference.
scottymc
Grafter

Hi buddy
I've got two boys one has the Xbox one the other has a pc .....
They both stream 1080p videos from YouTube on their iPads while playing COD3 and CS-GO and I can Netflix in the front room with no lag or buffering......
So is it worth the upgrade....
Definitely....
Mick1173
Grafter

I hope i have the same results, that is what i am wanting by moving to FibreOptic
dick:quote
04mike91
Dabbler

I'm finding it far better on xb1 and 360.
End up being host on a lot of games of Call of Duty now so it must be ok  Grin
Mick1173
Grafter

Considering BlackOps 3 has not been out of my Xbox one since last November this is even more comforting news to hear. I am getting so fedup of seeing "Connection Interupted" in the game though and then Lobby crashes and the Laggy games. This happens several times a day
mav:quote
04mike91
Dabbler

Yeah, I was in same boat.
Also agree with another post above you can stream off Youtube/netflix/twitch etc at same time and not suffer.
In a nutshell, it's a glorious investment for gaming :- )
Mick1173
Grafter

Has anyone moved onto Fibre from Normal Broadband ? and if so how long did it take to see a difference ? I have been on Fibre now since Friday the 4th March and i have just tried to play a game of Black Ops 3 and the Lag was worse than ever. I had to Turn the Xbox off in the middle of the game it was that bad.
04mike91
Dabbler

Did respond to a post you were in on here which pretty much answers the question
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,149185.msg1311975.html#msg1311975
mav:quote
Mick1173
Grafter

I just responded i did not reconise the username from this thread, things are getting confusing now lol because i am posting in different threads to do with my same Issues and getting help from the same people in those different threads. I am being egar to solve this problem i am having. I just want to go on my Xbox without all these issues.
scottymc
Grafter

@Mick1173
Hi buddy
When i upgraded the improvement was instead, going from 5meg adsl to 68meg fibre the difference is like night and day......
And touch wood ive not had any problems at all..
ive put answer in that above link for you hope it helps