Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongly Charged £49 for new line

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Wrongly Charged £49 for new line

@Mustrum

My understanding is that there would also be a new line charge if it was a working LLU line, hence wiring changes were required in the exchange..

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Baldrick1 Sorry, you are of course correct - my bad!

Bond0069
Hooked

I'm getting the impression from these answers that the members of this forum are employees of Plusnet, or are paid to put a Plusnet side of an argument across.

Who would be a member of an Internet forum about broadband and have in depth knowledge of Plusnet contacts?

You people appear to be at home and act as normal people on a forum, but this isn't the case. Surely you have other interests such as bird watching or archeology that you'd rather be on those forums, than making comments about if a broadband company has dug up someone's garden or if a line was installed by a different carrier.

More Gestapo tactics I see. Control of media.
Lionheart

I don't think anyone here can claim that I am an employee of PlusNet or paid by them - I am here because I keep getting email notifications that my previous thread has been posted on by a different member. You can see from my thread months ago that I am not related to PlusNet and do not post here often.

All in all, you are treating Plusnet disgustingly. Everyone is trying to help and £25 is a reasonable compromise. Obviously they would not refund you £25 if you wish them to go to extensive lengths to recover the full original documentation of OpenReach which would then prove you owe them £50 (??Why would they then refund you £25?) They are offering £25 to try to appease you whilst reducing their workload. However, they are clear that they will increase their own workload, but when you are found to be wrong, the full £50 will be owed. That is entirely reasonable and your attitude on this forum is terrible.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

For information I am a customer the same as you gaining nothing from posting on this forum.

I'm sorry that you feel like this. Throughout this thread I have tried to apply an unbiased unemotional and logical view of my understanding of posts in the hope that it would help you.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Bond0069
Hooked

I am stating facts as I see them.

Each post on here appears to be from people with a strong affiliation with a broadband company, not an unbiased view of an issue a customer has with his Internet and connection.

It does not make any sense that "average Joe" customers would tell me I am unreasonable with my facts I have put down and instead make comments like "do you think Plusnet should dig up your front garden" and "a £25 refund sounds fine".

I have not had the issues mentioned more than once about the lies with the 14 day cooling off period or the fact that my new broadband keeps cutting off.

I do however believe that if I mention about the fact that I may have to pay £65 for an engineer, someone will comment "that sounds like a bargain, I'd pay twice that if they'd let me" type comment.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Another way of looking at it is that there are people on here who know more about how the telephony system in the UK and even the world, than you do. Most customers are happy and thankful to people who freely offer their knowledge and experience, occasionally a small majority turn their frustration on those trying to help.

As for the £65 possible charge, PN actually get charged a lot more from their suppliers if they are asked to send an engineer to a customer's premise's only to find the problem is down to the customers equipment, or other items already mentioned. There are very detailed help pages designed to help people through the checks that customers can check before agreeing to an engineer visit. It's common across all Telecom providers, I seem to remember BT wanting to charge me £160 even although I worked for them at the time and they paid for the line. So yes, it's a scary thing to hear the first time you have a problem, alas its down to consumer pressure wanting more and more, out of an infrastructure that was not original designed to carry high speed broadband, for less and less money.  Indeed as you have already pointed out, phone points in older houses used to be installed in the quieter parts of the house, rather than where they are now needed.

HTH

Mav
Fixes: 514

@Bond0069

Anyone connected with Plusnet would have the word Staff before their community membership name. Everyone else, including moderators, are customers like yourself many of whom, like @Mustrum has said, offer their time and knowledge freely to help those who may require it.

From what I can tell based on 16 years with Plusnet and as a forum member (the last almost 3 years as a moderator) you have been offered sound advice from members who really know what they are talking about.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still