Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong package after sign up

stchristopher8
Hooked

Wrong package after sign up

Hi.

We are signed up to Unlimited Fibre Extra as it offered up to 76mb. We had the order completed yesterday which was fantastic. I appreciate we are in the 10 day line settling period but at present we are unable to go above 37mb download and we get 2mb upload. We were estimated between 60-80mb download when we signed up. Having read the other posts on the forum from other users it seems PN can add an artificial "download speed cap" at 40/2 or 55/10 etc. Can you check we are on the higher of the two caps as I know our house is capable of 60mb+ download via Fibre. It seems likely to me that when we were set up, our account has accidentally been set to the Unlimited Fibre (38mb) cap. 

Apologies if this should go through your account teams but I cannot see any way for a customer to open a question? It seems that you have to call to have one opened on your behalf and I am sick of sitting in a queue. 

Many thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Wrong package after sign up

This isn't a cap on our side. I'm afraid that the order was placed incorrectly for your service, which is why you're seeing lower speeds.

I've placed an order to correct this and it's due to complete on Monday. Sorry for the error. Let us know on Monday how the speeds are looking.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stchristopher8
Hooked

Thank you for your prompt reply. 

I will post back on Monday when I get home from work.

Thanks again.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

There are no training days for fibre ,, after the first 1-2 days it is what it is

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
stchristopher8
Hooked

Hi Chris,

Update as promised - someone has changed something today as I am now getting 45-47mb down and 10-12mb up. Still a little off what I was expecting (60-80mb from the line estimate, but I understand it is an estimate). Wondering if it may increase over the next few days. 

Kind regards,

Will

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Fibre Starts off at the fastest speed it doesn't increase over time as ADSL does , if your estimate is indeed 60-80Mb then you should get 60Mb minimum,  i would log a fault and get it looked at.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm afraid your estimates are:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 60 44 16.3 10.6 -- Available -- --

This also matches the estimates on the email at signup we sent you:

- The estimated broadband speed range for your line is between 45Mb and 60Mb

So I'm afraid that you're syncing right in the middle of the range:

Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 52.1 Mbps
Upstream Speed 14.0 Mbps
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.