Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong info given before i signed up???

slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Wrong info given before i signed up???

OK so before I signed on the dotted line (so to speak) I called Plusnet up and asked if i could use my BT home hub 3 with Plusnet, the answer was "No, you need our router", so I signed up and paid for the router.
Yet since being here I have seen people saying that they are using the home hub 3! So why was I told I couldn't use it???  Undecided
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Wrong info given before i signed up???

Were you told it wouldn't work or that it wasn't supported
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

For the cost of the postage only, having a back up router is a very good idea. If you use the HH3 and later have issues you'll be able to try the Plusnet supplied router to prove whether or not the router is the issue.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
slavo71
Rising Star

When I asked if I could use it I was told that it wouldn't work as it's locked to BT.
Yes it's handy to have a spare, but it would have been nice to have had a choice!
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

you still do have a choice. you can use the HH or the PN supplied router.
you can't expect PN (or any other ISP) to know the status of every other ISP supplied router, thus it is expected for them to say that any other ISP supplied router may not work.
BT may change their software without notice and lock them down.
picbits
Rising Star

If you can remember when you called (roughly) and were told this information, I'm sure the DCT could listen to the call and make a decision to sort you out based on the call.
If staff are giving customers incorrect information then they need a bit more training. If however they told you that it wasn't supported rather than didn't work then maybe they need to make it clear that it may work but you wouldn't get technical support in the case of an issue.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
@slavo71,
Really sorry! I'm gutted that's the second bit of misinformation between yourself and us that I've seen today, customers' don't have to take our router in order to sign up to fibre.
Not all calls are recorded so we might not be able to trace who advised that, I want to try though so slavo71 if you can remember what the date of the call was (even approximately would help me check) and what number you made the call from drop me a PM with the details please.
I've refunded the £5.99 postage and packing fee you've paid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
slavo71
Rising Star

Thanks adam I'll send you a PM now.
knowdice
Rising Star

Wow... That's what I call great customer service  Cheesy