cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong IP Profile on line and bad latency/dropped packets

Memphis
Hooked

Wrong IP Profile on line and bad latency/dropped packets

Contacted CS/Billing today to query why my line appeared to be on a 40/20 profile.

I joined PN 5 years ago on the 80/20 and have never changed this.

The lady in question made some tweaks and advised me to restart my modem/router which I've done but I'm not seeing any difference in sync speed and the profile appears to still be capped at 40.

My most recent attempt to run the BT Wholesale Speed Test further diagnostics gave the attached error message.

Additionally, seeing a lot of latency and dropped packets on the line as well, per the attached Ping Monitor. (The dropped packets after 8am today can be disregarded as that's when I power cycled the modem a couple of times after my call to CS).

7 REPLIES 7
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Wrong IP Profile on line and bad latency/dropped packets

Hi @Memphis, I am sorry that you are having issues.

I have tested the line and this has located a fault, this looks to be external so I have raised this to our suppliers for you.

We should expect an update within 2-3 working days and you can monitor the fault ticket here for updates.

Just let us know if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Memphis
Hooked

Hi LaurenB, thanks for your help with that.

Aside from the potential fault which you've raised, can you confirm what profile my account is on and what profile my line is currently showing?Also, my account is still showing my connection as Unlimited Fibre (which presumably is what drives the 40/20 profile).

How does that get corrected so I receive the 80/20 service I signed up for?

Many thanks,

Memphis.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Memphis,

The connection profile on our suppliers system is currently 40 / 20 but this does not appear to be effecting your sync rate. The connection profile on your account is 78000 and we receive reports that will update this automatically when the sync rate changes. The product on your account is provisioned correctly.

Once the fault is resolved by our suppliers the line will be reset to ensure the connection profile matches the 80/20 product that we expect you to receive. You can monitor the progress of the fault here.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Memphis
Hooked

The external fault has been remedied and the line stable for a period (intervleaving has been switched off based on the min latency) however I still appear to be throttled to 40 on the downstream per the attached speedtest.

Can you please get that corrected and confirm when it has been?

Thanks.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Ignore the BTW speed tester it doesn't work correctly hasn't for sometime it's only good for seeing what the IP profile is set at and your gettting 73Mb which is about right, try a different tester link this one  https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest

make sure your running tests on a wired connection WI-Fi is not a reliable test as it gets to much interference to give true results.

If your still getting the same via the other tester on a wired connection then something could be amiss.

Memphis
Hooked

The above test was on a wired connection.

Using speedtest.net shortly afterwards topped out at around 40 as well so the profile still looks to be wrong and my previous comment stands.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Memphis, I am sorry that you are still having issues. Everything this side is looking OK; the line is in sync at 80mb and you are provisioned on the correct package.

Test OutcomePass

Test Outcome CodeGTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000

DescriptionGEA service test completed and no fault found .

Main Fault LocationOK

Sync StatusIn Sync

Downstream Speed80.0 Mbps

Upstream Speed20.0 Mbps

Appointment RequiredN

Fault Report AdvisedN

NTE Power StatusPowerOn

Voice Line Test ResultPass

Bridge TapNot Detected

Radio Frequency IngressNot Detected

Repetitive Electrical Impulse NoiseNot Detected

Cross TalkNot Detected

Estimated Line Length In Metres314.3

Upstream Rate AssessmentVery Good

Downstream Rate AssessmentVery Good

Interference PatternNot Detected

Service ImpactNo Impact Observed

Home Wiring ProblemNot Detected

Downstream Policing Discard Rate0.0

Customer Traffic LevelUpstream and Downstream Traffic Detected

TechnologyVDSL

Profile Name0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Time Stamp2018-11-29T18:00:00

That being said, if you are still experiencing issues please raise a new fault here and let us know once done so.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team