Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a line test be possible?

FIXED
kareha
Grafter

Would a line test be possible?

Hi there

Just wanting to see if there is anything wrong as I used to be able to get nearer to 40Mb download speed but now it's closer to 30 Sad  Plus my line stats don't seem to hot even though cabling and hardware has not been moved/changed ever since we had FTTC setup.

zvUzqXE

15 REPLIES 15
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Would a line test be possible?

@kareha,

I've popped a copy of the line test below:

It looks like the profile's banded but we'll need to check. I've asked @MatthewWheeler to do a live check in the morning and pop it on the trial list if we can. 

kareha
Grafter

Thanks very much 😁. For the time being I've tethered my phone to my PC to use it's 4G connection as I get faster speeds, plus I have unlimited data so no worries about a huge bill.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @kareha, I can confirm after re-testing this morning it does seem your line speeds could very well be currently influenced by a banding. In which case we've sent this over to be removed via the trial we are running and this should take place tomorrow night. If then come Saturday or later you could re-test your side to see if the speeds have in proved then hopefully we'll see an increase.
Having said that, it very well could just be the profile set by the automated line management has just settled above what your highest sync speed is as the estimates for your line are 30-42.9Mbps download. Fingers crossed we see the speeds increased though and please do let us know how it goes.

kareha
Grafter

Thanks very much for helping, will do some further testing on Saturday to see if things have improved.
kareha
Grafter

After testing over the weekend I've not noticed any significant changes as speeds still don't go over 30Mbps, did the changes to my connection go through?

I've been using my 4G connection via my mobile tethering so as not to hog the connection and getting better speeds so that's helping when someone is wanting to watch Netflix whilst I download a game from Steam.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @kareha, I'm sorry for the issues you're having. Upon checking it looks like although you've been added, the request hasn't yet been sent off. This should happen today so I'd advise to allow a further 24-48 hours for the changes to take effect. Please do get back to us though if there's no improvement after this timescale.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
kareha
Grafter

Hi Lauren

Thanks for the update,. I'll try testing again tomorrow and Wednesday.
kareha
Grafter

Hi there

So, I am now unable to connect to my broadband connection at all now. I've tried 2 routers and absolutely no joy, thankfully tethering to the rescue so I can make this post. Tried factory resetting both routers and putting all my details in but still no signal, even have a new phone cable plugged in to.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @kareha

Sorry to hear this.

There don't appear to be any external issues here, but it's odd that you're getting the same problem with two routers.

Could you confirm that when you're entering the login details on the router landing page that they're in the following format:

Username: <username>@plusdsl.net

Password: <The password you use to log into the Member Centre>

If the above is correct, could you try resetting your password via the Member Centre and then attempting to authenticate the router again via the 192.168.1.254 address?

Best wishes

Dave

kareha
Grafter

Not sure what you mean by "authenticate the router again via the 192.168.1.254 address", is that something to do with the Plusnet router as I've never taken it out of the box as I have my own routers which were working fine up until today.

@RandallFlagg wrote:

Hi @kareha

Sorry to hear this.

There don't appear to be any external issues here, but it's odd that you're getting the same problem with two routers.

Could you confirm that when you're entering the login details on the router landing page that they're in the following format:

Username: <username>@plusdsl.net

Password: <The password you use to log into the Member Centre>

If the above is correct, could you try resetting your password via the Member Centre and then attempting to authenticate the router again via the 192.168.1.254 address?

Best wishes

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

My apologies, @kareha

Could you let us know which router you have and we'll point you in the right direction to access this info?

Best wishes

Dave

kareha
Grafter

kareha
Grafter

Hi again

Got my original modem / router setup back on the Internet and will be returning the TP-Link AC2800, for whatever reason it just doesn't seem to like the Plusnet connection even though it has the same details input as my original setup.

Will still be testing to see if my connection speeds up once the banding has been removed, but to say I am disappointed with the new router is an understatement.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @kareha.

Unfortunately, the people who submit the reset requests to our suppliers weren't in yesterday so it should be sent off today and go through tomorrow.

Let us know if you don't see an increase after then.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team