cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would Pay For A Guaranteed Service!

mlmclaren
Grafter

Would Pay For A Guaranteed Service!

Would you pay to have an extra added to your account that assured you a better service and maybe even support?
This extra would add a percentage of guarantee to a users account to cover speed and latency amongst some other things.
1. Premium Gateway for Subscribers
2. Latency guarantee (based on EU line)
3. Advanced Support via Ticketing System
4. Bandwidth Guarantee
and other advanced requirements!
20 REPLIES 20
amcclean
Rising Star

Re: Would Pay For A Guaranteed Service!

Came to Plus.net for great prices and good service and in the 8 years or so I have been here that is pretty much what I have received. I don't wish to see Pn change to a provider that charges more for what it should be providing anyway.
podman
AndyH
Grafter

Guarantees are not something you can really offer on a shared service. Acceptable service levels are something that can be offered though.
BT Wholesale toyed with the idea of a low-latency SLA for FTTC a while back (aimed at gamers?). I doubt there was enough demand though and overall, I think most people already have perfectly fine, low latency with FTTx anyway.
mlmclaren
Grafter

The area I would mainly target this at would be the gateways as they are being run pretty warm currently
deathtrap
Grafter

They could guarantee that they would never have contention ect on there internal network including host links between them and BTW network, And off switch for traffic prioritisation and it's shadow ip profile would be also something they could offer ,but they would no doubt sooner push ahead with supplying IPTV services instead , and continue with the  pile them high and sell em cheap business model , even their business products are no better than the consumer products as they are the same in every way, as far as the actual connection is concerned
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

If you want to pay more for enhanced service why no go to AAISP?  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
dragon2611
Grafter

Go Multi-Homed and then hope both of the ISP's aren't having problems at the same time.  Tongue
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: PeterLoftus
why no go to AAISP?  Roll_eyes
If AAISP did unlimited i would consider them, but obviously price would also be a factor,
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Perhaps rather than adding a premium service, and effectively making others second rate consideration could be given to making part of the bill dependent upon the delivered speed? Those who choose the basic service would see no change whilst those who now pay extra (as I did until the speed dropped below 40Mbps) would not be paying for what they didn't receive. I would choose to stay with Fibre Extra and even pay more (perhaps £10 instead of the current £5 difference, if my figures are correct). Paying less pro-rata as the speed dropped/wasn't achieved. That would be fair on those not getting the service and an encouragement for BTO/PlusNet to spend time and expense to get the service running better.
It cannot be right to simply see one's speed fall away the  more customers are added. That simply increases profitability and doesn't encourage investment.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: PeterLoftus
If you want to pay more for enhanced service why no go to AAISP?  Roll_eyes

As has been mentioned already, A&A don't have an unlimited service, though currently it does look like a good route to go down.
mlmclaren
Grafter

It is dawning on me this isn't going to happen, and the only other way I can see the service improving is if Plusnet beef up the gateways and increase our costs to pay for it...
Unfortunately many on here are not seeing the issues and wouldn't want costs to go up unnecessarily.
The reason I ended up here was because a new line installation was going to be £150 cheaper than my original choice and also the lies of a good service ...
If had known the gateways where being run like they are, I would of just gone without.
What to do next I suppose  Undecided
AndyH
Grafter

I'm not quite sure what issue you're seeing with the gateways.
Have you raised a fault?
mlmclaren
Grafter

My issues with the gateway is the general instability, I have to keep shifting gateway to avoid latency spikes and intermittent hangs on the connection...
It's been confirmed my line to the DSLAM is fine and in the ticket I have raised Plusnet have (in not so many words) admitted their s issues affecting me on the gateways..
The ticket is currently with complaints though I'm not hearing much back off them, specially after I asked for a guarantee of cancellation if things don't improve!
AndyH
Grafter

Please post the ticket details, as this kind of contradicts what's been said before on here.
mlmclaren
Grafter

What is contradictory ?